• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Mathematics 1.... AS students only

Reaction score
My math paper 1 exam was the worst math exam I ever wrote!! :'( I think I lost 10 marks!! =( Usually I always get 72-75. This has just been horrible for me!! It's not like the paper was hard, my luck was just pure plan bad! =/ =(

But thanks for ur advice, =) now my only hope is to get close to full marks in M1.

bro dont worry .......the most of the ppl lost marks in this ppr and all are thinking that its gt would not go beyond 55 or like that ...but i think so its gt will be high as ppr was so simple ..........

as far as i know mostly ppl have left some parts and some even didnt attempt q7 or if they did...they attempted on G.p ...so even its gt is on 60 ...u can get A in it easily if u score high grade in M1 ..........

Reaction score
My fellow xtremers, I present to you - the end to all discussions and arguments:
A hand written mark scheme for Mathematics P12 May/June 2013
http://dynamic-marketing.blogspot.com/2013/05/cie-pure-maths-paper-1-mayjune-2013.html
Thank me later :D

is there any one who solved the last part of last question ....that was ...to calculate the area with any other method instead of using the formula A=pie y(dx) ?????
i calculated that part using another method and got the same ans as other ppl got but i dont know if they award me the marks :)

Reaction score
is there any one who solved the last part of last question ....that was ...to calculate the area with any other method instead of using the formula A=pie y(dx) ?????
i calculated that part using another method and got the same ans as other ppl got but i dont know if they award me the marks :)
If you got 7/6 as your final answer, I'm almost 100% sure you will be awarded all the marks for that question. Even if you don't follow the standard or most common way to an answer, CIE accept all methods, awarding full marks as long as you arrive at the correct answer at some point. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get full marks for that question :)

Reaction score
guys... if any one cud just clear a doubt for me.... i seem to be getting around 45 to 50 in my P1. :( i made loads of silly mistakes ... so if i do really well in the other 3 papers, do i have a chance at getting an A+.

Reaction score
guys... if any one cud just clear a doubt for me.... i seem to be getting around 45 to 50 in my P1. :( i made loads of silly mistakes ... so if i do really well in the other 3 papers, do i have a chance at getting an A+.

then u also have to score high grades in stats and m1

Reaction score
cz one of my seniour got A* by getinng full marks in P1 and P3 but he got low Bs in s1 and m1 ......so if u get high marks in s1 and m1 may be u can make A*

Reaction score
bro dont worry .......the most of the ppl lost marks in this ppr and all are thinking that its gt would not go beyond 55 or like that ...but i think so its gt will be high as ppr was so simple ..........

as far as i know mostly ppl have left some parts and some even didnt attempt q7 or if they did...they attempted on G.p ...so even its gt is on 60 ...u can get A in it easily if u score high grade in M1 ..........
Thanks man. and My M1 exam was great. Alhamdulillah. =)