• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Maths 12 today........

Reaction score
i have a doubt what was the function f-1 f inverse in ques 2 past a n is concept of third derivative in alevels syllabus?

Reaction score
1) a=2
2) x>=-3 , x>=1
3) area=975
4) k=-1 P(-2,1)
5) C(13,7)
6) y= 15, 75
7) angle=24.1
8) a=32 sum to infinty=128 , n=18
9) volume=9pie
10) c=1
11) 76.3 and perimeter 35.1

Those are the answers i remember

Yea me 2... I was not able to Q11. part in which you had to show that x=7.218

Reaction score
Q11 part 1 was a little bit tricky!! will loose 4 marks :(!!
Yeah and part iii) was also tricky I managed to solve part i) but was not able to solve part iii) due to the time limit. Both of the questions were tricky but once you get the concept of tangent and angle perpendicular both of the questions could be solved with just few lines of calculations. Now I realize how easy the part iii) was. My luck :mad: ! :cry:

Reaction score
Yeah and part iii) was also tricky I managed to solve part i) but was not able to solve part iii) due to the time limit. Both of the questions were tricky but once you get the concept of tangent and angle perpendicular both of the questions could be solved with just few lines of calculations. Now I realize how easy the part iii) was. My luck :mad: ! :cry:

Last two parts were easy dude... :)
how did u do the first part???

Reaction score
Last two parts were easy dude... :)
how did u do the first part???
The first part was also easy. You first need to state the angle touching the tangent and the center of the full circle ( i.e the circle with center C ). Then you need to find out the two sides of the right angled triangle as 20 - x and x ( Here x is the radius of the full circle and 20 is the radius of the sector ). Then you need to use sin ( given angle/2) = x/(20 - x ) (i.e sin(angle) = p/h ). Then the value of x will come correctly. And the third part was also so easy but I realized how easy it was just after handing my paper to the officials. Bad luck :mad: !

Reaction score
The first part was also easy. You first need to state the angle touching the tangent and the center of the full circle ( i.e the circle with center C ). Then you need to find out the two sides of the right angled triangle as 20 - x and x ( Here x is the radius of the full circle and 20 is the radius of the sector ). Then you need to use sin ( given angle/2) = x/(20 - x ) (i.e sin(angle) = p/h ). Then the value of x will come correctly. And the third part was also so easy but I realized how easy it was just after handing my paper to the officials. Bad luck :mad: !
l

OK ... But Do you remember the values?
was x = 7.218 ... angle 2.1 rad and radius of sector 20cm??

Reaction score

I wasted last like 15 minutes on it and wasn't able to solve it... :(

Reaction score
To prove that it is a minimum and not a maximum, remember, they are asking for the minimum of the GRADIENT and NOT the curve
dude it is the second derivative we use to find that for the value of x either the gradient is negative or positive why would you differentiate it third tym ???

Reaction score
no i
All your answers are correct but I can't remember 1 as the value of C,if I m not wrong it was the question where we had to find the eq through integration.I think c was 2 maybe
no it was 1 confirm