• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pysics Paper 31 (Discussion only)

Reaction score
unplugged said:
How did you do the gradient question in the first page ;>

I ignored the work Gradient in the question :D
i just took the Acc and Force from graphc and used F=MA

Reaction score
Rangers said:
unplugged said:

I ignored the work Gradient in the question :D
i just took the Acc and Force from graphc and used F=MA
I tried that but when you try it with the different values , you get different masses. oh well.

Reaction score
How many reflection line where there For the optical fibre? i got one reflection and after that the line went out.

y is fibre having many layers? i wrote so the ray dosnt pass through the Material

What u guys say correct or wrong?

Reaction score
Well , i think the idea is. That if you measured the gradient between individual points they would all be different. The gradient is essentially the mass. It was a graph of the Y axis being F and the x being acceleration. So the gradient was F/A. The best fit line we drew provided us with an average mass. so i think the gradient was indeed the mass. But the part that I'm not sure about was that the object didn't move until a certain amount of force was applied. Which means friction was in play , which means that if we use the force to sort out the mass, we're going to overestimate the mass. Oh well , i didn't really have time to think about it.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
My line began at 1.2N. I took a point. 14. 14-1.2 = 12.8 and the acceleration at 14 was 2.25m/s^2. So 12.8/2.25 = 5.688888888889
Rounding up = 5.7
thats how I did it. Dunno if its right or wrong.

Reaction score
Rangers said:
How many reflection line where there For the optical fibre? i got one reflection and after that the line went out.

y is fibre having many layers? i wrote so the ray dosnt pass through the Material

The ray would never go out of the fiber , if it did , then the data would not be delivered.

Should have been something like this
fiber-optic-transmission.gif

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
unplugged said:
My line began at 1.2N. I took a point. 14. 14-1.2 = 12.8 and the acceleration at 14 was 2.25m/s^2. So 12.8/2.25 = 5.688888888889
Rounding up = 5.7
thats how I did it. Dunno if its right or wrong.
If you mean 5.7 is the gradient , then yes. But i was wondering about the mass. I got the mass to be the same as the gradient >_>.

Or if you meant this how you got the mass , then cool anyways. Since i got the same value.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Rangers said:

The ray would never go out of the fiber , if it did , then the data would not be delivered.

Should have been something like this
fiber-optic-transmission.gif

Oh shit

Reaction score
That question, i can't remember what I did. Anyway, what did you get for that tsunami question, the last part. Warning time. I got 2256seconds. or something like that.

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
That question, i can't remember what I did. Anyway, what did you get for that tsunami question, the last part. Warning time. I got 2256seconds. or something like that.
Correct

Reaction score
One of the funnier questions. About why the decay rate of the radioactive sample was considered constant. what did you answer.