• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Remove super-glued thumb tacks from the sole of my high heels? HELP!

Reaction score
Hi,

A while back, I thought it would be a good idea (aesthetically) to place gold painted thumb tacks all over the sole of my shoes. I glued them. It looked really nice and I was satisfied with my work even though it was extremely slippery and more uncomfortable than before.

Now the tacks have got scratched and dented and it has lost the "golden appeal". I really like this shoes and I want to remove them. Any ideas if this is possible or should I just paint them with something? There is slight rusting and I don't want it to get completely rusted.

Golden metal on the sole really looks nice even though it makes the shoes slippery and noisy.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hi,

A while back, I thought it would be a good idea (aesthetically) to place gold painted thumb tacks all over the sole of my shoes. I glued them. It looked really nice and I was satisfied with my work even though it was extremely slippery and more uncomfortable than before.

Now the tacks have got scratched and dented and it has lost the "golden appeal". I really like this shoes and I want to remove them. Any ideas if this is possible or should I just paint them with something? There is slight rusting and I don't want it to get completely rusted.

Golden metal on the sole really looks nice even though it makes the shoes slippery and noisy.

Acetone (nail-polish remover) should help you...
for instance:
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-super-glue-from-a-motherboard/

Reaction score
Hi,

Treat it as a sunk cost and buy new shoes and redo the thing

Reaction score
Decided to make it completely silver by scratching off gold paint. It looks alright. It will eventually come off if it rusts I guess.

Reaction score
That is a very bad excuse for not paying attention to my advice. :p

Lol. No seriously, even for a short period of time, maintain the posture.

lol, Nothing wrong with my posture as far as I can tell. But I guess its inevitable that such shoes aren't the best for the legs and can cause discomfort compared to a flat soled shoe. I find them comfortable enough though so I don't mind.

Reaction score
lol, Nothing wrong with my posture as far as I can tell. But I guess its inevitable that such shoes aren't the best for the legs and can cause discomfort compared to a flat soled shoe. I find them comfortable enough though so I don't mind.

Well, contrary to common belief, heels can actually help mold your legs. But gotta be careful, still.

Reaction score
Well, contrary to common belief, heels can actually help mold your legs. But gotta be careful, still.

I know, but the really high ones can be painful and it is more easy to fall down. Every now and then when I walk they get stuck in the sidewalk, grating etc. The pair I mentioned in this thread obviously needs more care as its slippery lol.

Reaction score
I know, but the really high ones can be painful and it is more easy to fall down. Every now and then when I walk they get stuck in the sidewalk, grating etc. The pair I mentioned in this thread obviously needs more care as its slippery lol.
I can't take five steps with high heels on without looking like I'm about to fall of :ROFLMAO: :p

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, can't help it. It actually made me LOL that of all the people, Robot came to the rescue. :ROFLMAO:
LOL... being an engineer makes u in the position fixing things.... n whn u fix stuff u should know this.. :)

I can't take five steps with high heels on without looking like I'm about to fall of :ROFLMAO: :p

IKR! I tried them on as a kid... I don't know how they walk in those.. for me shoes need to b comfortable first... I wear them for myself not to show others.. :p

Reaction score
LOL... being an engineer makes u in the position fixing things.... n whn u fix stuff u should know this.. :)

IKR! I tried them on as a kid... I don't know how they walk in those.. for me shoes need to b comfortable first... I wear them for myself not to show others.. :p
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: You in heeeeelllssss?! :ROFLMAO: OMGOOD! XD
True thaaat (y) But sometimes you haaave to bear inconvienience :/

Reaction score

That's a bit of an exaggeration, they aren't that bad lol.

For me its more of a question of personal taste and the added height than showing others.