• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

RESULTS : SHOULD I RE APPEAR OR RECHECK ?. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi
Tday my result came and to my surprise it came exactly the same as i got in June 2011 exams. IT is to be noted that i took the RETAKE option rather than fresh registration. However, if you get a lower grade then before, lower comes on marksheet and NOT the better of two.

I had a D in Physics and C in chemistry and D in Biology.( I gave Complete A levels In June except Biology which was carried forward from b in As )

However, In Nov2011 i gave complete Physics and Chemistry.
I got the same D in physics and C in chemistry. Yet, I am convinced my exam went pretty much ten times better than last time in May which means I was expecting A or minimum B.

In may i messed my physics papers so badly that I left 25 marks in P1 and 20 in P4. Plus mistakes.
This time, i didnot leave a single question except 4 marks in Physics P4 and solved all question after doing 5 to 6 years of past papers and looking at grade threshold and i was always getting A or B.

Also in chemistry, i had very good exams and i was expectiong a MINIMUM that was if they SCRAP my marks like anything, i would get a B.

I just want to know what to do.

I do not want to give retakes all my life and the official result of CIE hasnot come yet. I wasted my ONE FRIGGING year to improve. What to do now!

Pretty frustrated and confused!

Your help be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Reaction score
RECHECK OR REAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or join a private medical college next year in 2012? If I had to join private, i would not be stupid to waste a yearrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:@@@@@@@@@@@@
BUT THIS IS FRUSTRATING. GIVING 3 A LEVELS AGAIN with such pressure and ALL complete :mad:@

Please help!

Reaction score
Oh dear ... I understand . I will especially pray for you in my salat . I hope Allah helps you in overcoming your difficulty .

I don't know brother . I say do both . But that is just my opinion . :(

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
There there, sorry about that. Please forget the re-take option. Move on.
Give your papers for rechecking. That's all. Just get admission in some private medical college.

All the best

Reaction score
I gave my AS level in oct/nov.. and i got c in both chemistry nd physics.. and so i'm retaking both of them in may/june. that is i'm giving complete A level for the two subjects. However, i've chosen the code for marks carried forward.. If i get lower grades, then will my previous grades be still valid?? plz help..

Reaction score
hey guys the same thing happened to me after my retake, i am still sure tht my papers went waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy bettr than before but my grades refuse to show tht. i am also confused abt the retake or re check thingy. Plz help i only have until the 5 of feb to register

Reaction score
Hassan01 tell me wat are u doin?? recheck or retake? do u think that u would still be able to retake after going thru the same result twice?

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am going to appear for As level May/june 2012 AS exam, after looking at d posts i am really scared now, cuz most of the comments here prove that the better u give d exams the worser it turns out to be.............​

Reaction score
For what its worth i did a retake this session aswell. Had Got DDC in the may/june session for AS. Did AS + A Level this session and results turned out to be A*A*B. So yeah, its seriously possible to do better if you retake. Would seriously suggest you consider it.

Reaction score
I am confused to be honest natasha about if i should retake or recheck or just move on with going into private medical and doing NONE. My A level Equivalence to Pakistan standard stands at 75 % now. It was because I had great O level and they give you huge weight-age for O level in IBCC. I attached the document for reference. However, I am NOT eligible to give entry test for Dow or any government institute as my aggregate stands at 58 %. In Government Universities, they look at aggregate marks. (which you got in A levels only. O level NOT included)

My dad wants me to go for a government University because according to him, ALL private university are USELESS. SO i gave all my exams again hoping to secure both A.

The only problem is my parents arenot supporting me. They believe even if I retake I will get the same result and according to them, I DIDNOT study at all. To be fair, I had all my syllabus covered up and i did 6 to 8 years of past papers before sitting in the exam. I was quite well prepared. Deserved B at least.

Now, I see four choices :

1. Re Appear in All subjects (55,000) (doing for 4th time sadly, i had 6 A's (All above 95) and 4 B (Above 85) in my O levels. A* wasnot then)

2. Recheck my main modules like paper 2, 4 of both chemistry n Physics. 4 papers out of ten. (Should Cost me around 15,000 and if i ask for photocopy of my papers as well, it can go to 22,000)

3. Do 1 & 2 (70,000)

4. Don't do anything and apply for Ziauddin & Jinnah in september 2012.

Attachments

• Equivalence.doc
    71 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
Now i am doing as my parents would suggest. So i havenot taken the matter in my hands as I told them i would get better grades in November and I didnot. My deadline is 1st February throgh school and 6th via private candiata. However, if i consider retake it could be one to two weeks after 6th February.

If i am given the choice, and according to stats, there is ONLY 20 % chances that they change your grade after rechecking. I have asked many people who rechecked and usually it stands at 20 percent.
Even people with 89 % werenot so fortunate to secure an A after a full recheck (All modules) .

But they way my exam went and the way I am sure, I would go for a recheck of my major papers. Like paper 2 n paper 4. If i was only AS canditate, then i would NEVER think of rechecking and go with Retake ONLY.

It is to be noted, that you can ask for recheck after you get breakup and everything, however registration as fresh candidate is usually before that. Moreover, RETAKE option is a week or so after the breakup comes.

I might have also gone for retake of Phyiscs and Biology (both D's) and NOT with chemistry ( C ). Although I am exceptional at chemistry, I solve all problems of my friends in AS and A2 they are also surprised how i ended with C in chemistry. So with my likeness and knack for chemistry, i might have appeared in Chemistry again (4th time complete A level ). I always gave complete Chemistry as i loved the subject. I was given permission in AS to give A level chemistry.

So i might have gone for both. REcheck and Reappear. However, the amount of burden and pressure , the best option for me now to do nothing or give just one A level to get 60 % and go for a private medical college.

I hope this is helpful, but i need other people suggestions too

Reaction score
For what its worth i did a retake this session aswell. Had Got DDC in the may/june session for AS. Did AS + A Level this session and results turned out to be A*A*B. So yeah, its seriously possible to do better if you retake. Would seriously suggest you consider it.
yaar i wanted to ask that does the grade earned in re appear have the same value as if earned in first attempt?

Reaction score
hey, do
I am confused to be honest natasha about if i should retake or recheck or just move on with going into private medical and doing NONE. My A level Equivalence to Pakistan standard stands at 75 % now. It was because I had great O level and they give you huge weight-age for O level in IBCC. I attached the document for reference. However, I am NOT eligible to give entry test for Dow or any government institute as my aggregate stands at 58 %. In Government Universities, they look at aggregate marks. (which you got in A levels only. O level NOT included)

My dad wants me to go for a government University because according to him, ALL private university are USELESS. SO i gave all my exams again hoping to secure both A.

The only problem is my parents arenot supporting me. They believe even if I retake I will get the same result and according to them, I DIDNOT study at all. To be fair, I had all my syllabus covered up and i did 6 to 8 years of past papers before sitting in the exam. I was quite well prepared. Deserved B at least.

Now, I see four choices :

1. Re Appear in All subjects (55,000) (doing for 4th time sadly, i had 6 A's (All above 95) and 4 B (Above 85) in my O levels. A* wasnot then)

2. Recheck my main modules like paper 2, 4 of both chemistry n Physics. 4 papers out of ten. (Should Cost me around 15,000 and if i ask for photocopy of my papers as well, it can go to 22,000)

3. Do 1 & 2 (70,000)

4. Don't do anything and apply for Ziauddin & Jinnah in september 2012.
you know how much a copy of papers cost? please tell, thanks

Reaction score
Let me tell you guys my experience in O levels!! I got a B in islamiyat in June session and everyone convinced me to repeat since they thought I was perfect in it... So gave islamiyat again in Oct and got a B again.... I told it to my friend.... He said that you have wasted your money... I appeared as a REPEAT candidate... He told me that they dont even check the repeaters' pprs and give the same grade again no matter what BUT if you appear as a FRESH candidate, they'll think that you're a new candidate giving the subject for the first time. So they eill check your ppr and grade you a FRESH grade if you appear as a Fresh candidate and not a Repeater. Guys ask your schools/institutes to send your entry to CIE as a Fresh candidate and not a repeater!!
My senior gave a repeat ppr as a FRESH candidate and he observed grade changes in his result...!

(Tbh... I was dead sure my islamiyat ppr went much much better than my first try! I knew that A was coming for sure )