• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1 paper6 how was it????

Reaction score
sse2010 said:
ajmaeen said:
MashALLAH my paper wnt really goood......... was a bit different but mine went awesome.... did it in 45 mins.........

they were mutually exclusive.......... not independant........... last ques last part was 14........ bcz if there were three card and th pink and green were not together then they should be on the sides........ and it could start with green or with pink ..... and the choice for the remaining one would be 7C1........ so the ans was : 2*(7C1)= 14.............

dude it wasnt 14...jus lemme giv u an example...wat if neither green nor pink was selected...even then the pink n green wudnt be together cuz they r not selected at all...so like wise pink alone cud be selected n not green..n green alnone can be selectd n not pink...n both can be selectd...so da answer was 476!

Well it Couldnt be 14 as the person abv proved it.. but it couldnt be 476 either because i think u misread the question .. It said how many arrangement OUT OF THE ABOVE contains no green card next to each other.. and in the abv part we had to cal culate the arrangements with PINK included.. so u have taken one extra probability of NO PINK NO GREEN !! ... I wrote 126 but i think the correct answer would be 126 + 14 ... I wud get 1 mark there

Reaction score
Masha'allah, paper went awesome! Somehow, seemed easy to me ;) It wasn't difficult, actually, it was a bit more conceptual than the other past papers!!!
For those, who lost quite a few marks, don't worry guys! The percentile is surely gonna fall! Barey barey logon ne blunders maarey hen! ;)

Reaction score
And by the way, answer of the last part was 476!!!

Because, we were supposed to tell the no. of combinations WITHOUT pink and green together! Had to subtract (7C1*2!*2!) from 9P3 (or 9C3*3!) same thing

Reaction score
npe
i think u all r wrong cox ppr was very easy!!!!!!
though permutation was a bit tricky cox v had to think critically on dat Question!!!!
n i think 1 on the answer or Permutaion main 504 and 168 sumthin!!!

Reaction score
azfar kashif said:
Masha'allah, paper went awesome! Somehow, seemed easy to me ;) It wasn't difficult, actually, it was a bit more conceptual than the other past papers!!!
For those, who lost quite a few marks, don't worry guys! The percentile is surely gonna fall! Barey barey logon ne blunders maarey hen! ;)

Barey barey logon ne blunders maarey hen! i see u remembered me ;)

Reaction score
ahsanxr said:
Here are the answers:

1(i) SD = 12.3
(ii) Median
(iii) Not mean because it would account for an exceptional case (48) and not mode because data does not have enough repeating values.

2(i) 0.854
(ii) 0.215

3. Country B had a higher median and the weights were more spread out.

4(i)0.95
(ii) Mu = -1.57(sigma)

5(i) 1/24
(ii) 1/9
(iii) Mutually Exclusive, because both events cannot happen simultaneously.
(iv) Not independent since P(Q) x P(R) =/= 0

6(i) 0 - 1/7, 1 - 4/7, 2 - 2/7
(ii) Variance = 20/49
(iii) 5/32

7(i) 9!
(ii) 282240
(iii) 504
(iv) 168
(v) 476

wohoooo!!! i got it all correct!!! :D

Reaction score
ashhadazam, you misread the question. It said how many of those in part (iii), not above. Part 3's answer was 504, so this was 504 - (7C1 x 2 x 2) = 476.

Reaction score
Well the question was : How many arrangements out of the above does not contain a pink card next to a green card...
and the above question was : How many arrangements of the selection of 3 cards contain a pink card !!!

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
the second last was 168 i think though i dunt remember specifically. .:s
i got that toooooooooooooo!!!!!
plz make sure its rite :)

and if u remember can u plzzzzzz tell me the Q which says find the relatinship bt SD and mew waz of how many marks????ty:)

Reaction score
Ya its rite :D !

i got that as .. mew = -1.0597deviation

thats wt i think i wrote .. i dnt remeber.. gave a paper after it :S !! it was of 3 marks i think !

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
Well the question was : How many arrangements out of the above does not contain a pink card next to a green card...
and the above question was : How many arrangements of the selection of 3 cards contain a pink card !!!
Nah, it was "out of those in (iii)"