• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1 paper6 how was it????

Reaction score
cn u show me da way plzzzz!!!!!

nd for the relatinship bw mew and SD , my Z value was wrong , so ma ans. waz also wrong , how many marks do u think i wud luz????
thanx 4 da reply!

Reaction score
its was soo easy......though i had a little problem in question 4........but besides dat everythng went awsome!........permutaion and combination was very easy!!..... :D
one small step for man.....one giant STUMBLE mankind :cool:

Reaction score
it was quite simple to do u had to use combination in the last 2 parts of Q7 :)

Reaction score
ahsanxr said:
Here are the answers:

1(i) SD = 12.3
(ii) Median
(iii) Not mean because it would account for an exceptional case (48) and not mode because data does not have enough repeating values.

2(i) 0.854
(ii) 0.215

3. Country B had a higher median and the weights were more spread out.

4(i)0.95
(ii) Mu = -1.57(sigma)

5(i) 1/24
(ii) 1/9
(iii) Mutually Exclusive, because both events cannot happen simultaneously.
(iv) Not independent since P(Q) x P(R) =/= 0

6(i) 0 - 1/7, 1 - 4/7, 2 - 2/7
(ii) Variance = 20/49
(iii) 5/32

7(i) 9!
(ii) 282240
(iii) 504
(iv) 168
(v) 476
welll comparing my answers n "assuming" these answers are correct, im only loosing 4 marks :D

Reaction score
Dude for the last part of 1st question, i wrote "not mode b/z there is not a significant frequency of its occurrence (10 occurs only 2times) and that its deviation from other numbers is greater than of median." is it correct too?

Reaction score
about the last question of permutations....for the number of PINK cards in that 504 sets. i did it like this..probability of picking up a pink card 1/9. so ( 1/9 * 504 = 56 ) SO 56 sets out of 504 will have pink in it.
Can any one tell me wats wrong in it? :?:

Reaction score
x+y=z said:
about the last question of permutations....for the number of PINK cards in that 504 sets. i did it like this..probability of picking up a pink card 1/9. so ( 1/9 * 504 = 56 ) SO 56 sets out of 504 will have pink in it.
Can any one tell me wats wrong in it? :?:

It asked about the arrangements. 56 sets contained P. Multiply that by 3 to find the total arrangements.

Reaction score
my all answers are correct except the las qustion's last 3 parts...
how many marks im gonna lose??

Reaction score
Bad news guyz.. !!! The events were mutually exclusive but not independent !!!
I searched it on net about probabilities and i finaly found that two events could not be both mutually exclusive and independent simultaneously...

Either it could be exclusive or independent or none.. !!! so Some of us lose marks here :) COngrats :D i lose them too :D

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
Bad news guyz.. !!! The events were mutually exclusive but not independent !!!
I searched it on net about probabilities and i finaly found that two events could not be both mutually exclusive and independent simultaneously...

Either it could be exclusive or independent or none.. !!! so Some of us lose marks here :) COngrats :D i lose them too :D
thnx a lot, dat really helped! cuz it was mutually for sure, so not independent :cool:

Reaction score
1st I wrote not independent, went to solve other questions, then i cut dat, n wrote independent, completed my paper n then when the supervisor said stop writing, i again cut it, n wrote not independent :D