• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1 paper6 how was it????

Reaction score
ajmaeen said:
MashALLAH my paper wnt really goood......... was a bit different but mine went awesome.... did it in 45 mins.........

they were mutually exclusive.......... not independant........... last ques last part was 14........ bcz if there were three card and th pink and green were not together then they should be on the sides........ and it could start with green or with pink ..... and the choice for the remaining one would be 7C1........ so the ans was : 2*(7C1)= 14.............

Last part couldnt be 14.. it would be 126+14 !! .. !! Beacuse pink with other colors also satisfy the condition given !!!!

Reaction score
I get 1 mark in the last part !!!and i lose my mark there.. i wrote 126 +1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dont know y i put 1 there.. lol

Reaction score
You had to use a combination (lol excuse the pun :p) of combinations and permutations.

Like, for the question that asked for all the possible selections of 3 cards from the 9 cards and there arrangements, you had to write:

(9C3)*(3!)

9C3 gives all the possible combination of the three cards NOT focusing on their order. 3! to include the 6 possible positions of each of the three pairs.

Reaction score
apple said:
You had to use a combination (lol excuse the pun :p) of combinations and permutations.

Like, for the question that asked for all the possible selections of 3 cards from the 9 cards and there arrangements, you had to write:

(9C3)*(3!)

9C3 gives all the possible combination of the three cards NOT focusing on their order. 3! to include the 6 possible positions of each of the three pairs.
What was the answer to the second last part of the last question?

Reaction score
yea but 9p3 = 9c3*3! :p
thts y when they ask for arrangements of selections u use npr but ur also right

Reaction score
Oh ma god!!!! da paper was horrible))))) Examiner is a _________________________ literally!!!! But no matter I will score good in P3 thatz 4 sure and my M1 & P1 also went gr8.but S1 !!!! :cry:

Reaction score
for me nice one
hey that question cant be done with binomial..... no constant probab. of success.... and yeah it was mutaully exclusive as p(q and r)=0
and the permutation thing was to my knowledge not that difficult
last answer was 504-28=476 ways ,.....wooo it was a superb exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
ajmaeen said:
MashALLAH my paper wnt really goood......... was a bit different but mine went awesome.... did it in 45 mins.........

they were mutually exclusive.......... not independant........... last ques last part was 14........ bcz if there were three card and th pink and green were not together then they should be on the sides........ and it could start with green or with pink ..... and the choice for the remaining one would be 7C1........ so the ans was : 2*(7C1)= 14.............

dude it wasnt 14...jus lemme giv u an example...wat if neither green nor pink was selected...even then the pink n green wudnt be together cuz they r not selected at all...so like wise pink alone cud be selected n not green..n green alnone can be selectd n not pink...n both can be selectd...so da answer was 476!

Reaction score
n both permutation n combination cud be slectd depending how u tackle the question...fr example fr the last q 3rd last part, by using permutation it cud be 9P3 n by using combination it wud be 9C3x3!...both r correct...cuz once u hav chosen the 3 cardz frm 9, u also hav to arrange them in a line so 9C3x3! is also correct

Reaction score
Paper was definitely of above average difficulty, but mine went well, nonetheless. Only made a couple of mistakes. One was that I forgot to subtract P(X=0) from 1 in Q2 and another one in Q4(ii). So expecting 45+. Permutation's questions last part was 476. It was a good question.

Reaction score
Here are the answers:

1(i) SD = 12.3
(ii) Median
(iii) Not mean because it would account for an exceptional case (48) and not mode because data does not have enough repeating values.

2(i) 0.854
(ii) 0.215

3. Country B had a higher median and the weights were more spread out.

4(i)0.95
(ii) Mu = -1.57(sigma)

5(i) 1/24
(ii) 1/9
(iii) Mutually Exclusive, because both events cannot happen simultaneously.
(iv) Not independent since P(Q) x P(R) =/= 0

6(i) 0 - 1/7, 1 - 4/7, 2 - 2/7
(ii) Variance = 20/49
(iii) 5/32

7(i) 9!
(ii) 282240
(iii) 504
(iv) 168
(v) 476

Reaction score
Mashallah my paper went really very awesome.. No doubt the paper was very hard.. I got no time to recheck and did so many scribblings so naturally i came out with a sad face... but once i discussed the paper with my friendz my mood turned from :cry: to :D ...