• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT 2 with A-levels?

Reaction score
That's the problem. I don't know the topics of E and M individually they haven't specified them in the book its like all the topics are given at once now i don't know which ones i have to learn as a part of E or M. And which book should i buy other than Kaplan?
Thanks btw.

I haven't really given SAT2 bio so Adorkableme can probably help you out with the topics.

I'd recommend Princeton Review or Collegeboard's own book. You can try Barrons as well. And no problem :)

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaekum , i m going to appear for SAT 2 subject test for chemistry,physics n maths this november
i jst have done my AS this may.so i wanted to ask that what should i study in order to achieve a high score?????this is going to b my first appearance evn though I have alot of tym left but m still tensed!!!!!!!!!!i have got the SAT prep books n i m evn working on it,so any advises n yeah help would b really appreciated :) Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Assalam O Alaekum , i m going to appear for SAT 2 subject test for chemistry,physics n maths this november
i jst have done my AS this may.so i wanted to ask that what should i study in order to achieve a high score?????this is going to b my first appearance evn though I have alot of tym left but m still tensed!!!!!!!!!!i have got the SAT prep books n i m evn working on it,so any advises n yeah help would b really appreciated :) Thanks

Walaikum Assalam.

SAT2 has portions of the A2 syllabus, so the earlier you start the better you'll do. You'll have to study hard for physics and chemistry cuz there are a lot of chapters. And do any practice test you can get your hand on.
The recommended books for SAT2 are Princeton Review, Barrons and Collegeboard's own book. The theory in Kaplan is also pretty good but the practice tests seemed really easy.

Few tips from other people to help you out:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...ow-i-got-an-800-on-sat-ii-chemistry-tips.html
https://talk.collegeconfidential.co...uide-to-sat-subject-tests-in-mathematics.html
https://talk.collegeconfidential.co...l-guide-to-getting-800-on-sat-ii-math-2c.html
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...ce-for-those-taking-chem-physics-in-june.html

I found SAT2 to be easier than A-Levels so study hard, and hopefully you'll get a good score :).

Reaction score
I'm currently in A2 and I plan to apply to universities in the USA. I'm giving the SAT Reasoning Test this November and I'm Planning to give the SAT Subject tests this December. I have a few questions:
1. What Subject tests should I give if I plan to major in Computer Science.
2. How much sre the Physics, Chemistry and Math subject tests related to the A-Level syllabus?
3. Are 3 subject tests in one sitting too hectic(for those who've given them.)?
4. I also plan to apply to NUST, Islamabad as backup. Is applying on the basis of SAT better for A level students? And is it true that the number of seats for those applying on the basis of SAT is very low?
Any help would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
I'm currently in A2 and I plan to apply to universities in the USA. I'm giving the SAT Reasoning Test this November and I'm Planning to give the SAT Subject tests this December. I have a few questions:
1. What Subject tests should I give if I plan to major in Computer Science.
2. How much sre the Physics, Chemistry and Math subject tests related to the A-Level syllabus?
3. Are 3 subject tests in one sitting too hectic(for those who've given them.)?
4. I also plan to apply to NUST, Islamabad as backup. Is applying on the basis of SAT better for A level students? And is it true that the number of seats for those applying on the basis of SAT is very low?
Any help would be appreciated :)

1) Tests vary according to each university but give all 3 to be on the safe side. Most US unis don't really need SAT-2 so just look them up.

2) You are going to need a good understanding of the A2 syllabus to attempt the test especially Physics. Math and Chemistry; not so much.

3) They were for me, but some people find it easy so it's up to you. Try giving 3 practice tests by yourself and then make your decision.

4) NUST only requires Physics and Maths for Computer Science; seats aren't very low but they are limited. Try getting 750+ in each to be on the safe side.