• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT 2 with A-levels?

Reaction score
How well does an A-level student usually in SAT 2? Because I heard that it was supposedly 'easier' than the A-levels. Are the syllabuses the same or different?
I'll be giving Chemistry, Biology and Physics in a weeks time

only little bit course is differnt from a levels....for chem solve AP exams papers as well...you may find them on internet...it wil really help alot.....everyone has timing issue in sat 2 especially in chem cox calculator is not allowed and there are lot of moles questions (almost 70% paper is on moles) :cautious:
chem curve is not good you have to score 82/85 for 800
for phy work hard paper is very tough seriously :mad: but agian curve is very generous....easy to score 700
for maths don't study a levels is more than enough ;)

all the best to all of you

Reaction score
i heard in sat exam there r 3000 questions or i guess 3oo mrks?????????????n anyone seekng admission in uni widout entry test can be admittd on de basis of sat certificate.....is it true????????????????

Reaction score
therare
i heard in sat exam there r 3000 questions or i guess 3oo mrks?????????????n anyone seekng admission in uni widout entry test can be admittd on de basis of sat certificate.....is it true????????????????
there are not 3000 questions or 300 marks...for sat 2 phy there is 75 mcqs...in maths 50 mcqs and chem 85 mcqs and bio 85 mcqs...there is no choice....each test have 1 hour duration....there is also NEGATIVE MARKING...all the 3 subjects are scored on a scale of 800 points
so a total of 2400 points not marks....SAT SUBJECT TEST is accepted by some uni in pak like NUST & AIR UNIVERSITY...they also have there own test....it is ypur choice to select which test...if u have given sat 2 then u have chances to get in them.....
BTW sat 2 is also accepted by GIKI, LUMS, FAST but only for international students....these students do not have to take admission test
I don't know about SAT 1

any further questions on A levels/ o levels/ sat 2/admission in pakistan universities feel free to ask them

Reaction score
therare
there are not 3000 questions or 300 marks...for sat 2 phy there is 75 mcqs...in maths 50 mcqs and chem 85 mcqs and bio 85 mcqs...there is no choice....each test have 1 hour duration....there is also NEGATIVE MARKING...all the 3 subjects are scored on a scale of 800 points
so a total of 2400 points not marks....SAT SUBJECT TEST is accepted by some uni in pak like NUST & AIR UNIVERSITY...they also have there own test....it is ypur choice to select which test...if u have given sat 2 then u have chances to get in them.....
BTW sat 2 is also accepted by GIKI, LUMS, FAST but only for international students....these students do not have to take admission test
I don't know about SAT 1

any further questions on A levels/ o levels/ sat 2/admission in pakistan universities feel free to ask them

thnx alot....
i m willing to giv sat 2 as i m doing edexcel a levels n now i m in a2...im a medical student n heard entry tests r really tough so is sat exam easy n when ca i apply????n is it a bettr decision fr me???coz i really hav to repeat phy u1 dis jan???got a d:cautious:

Reaction score
thnx alot....
i m willing to giv sat 2 as i m doing edexcel a levels n now i m in a2...im a medical student n heard entry tests r really tough so is sat exam easy n when ca i apply????n is it a bettr decision fr me???coz i really hav to repeat phy u1 dis jan???got a d:cautious:

if you are applying as an overseas student in medical in pakistan then competition is not as tough...i would prefer you to give sat 2 and score 2200+
you can also give entry test bcoz admission on sat 2 only would be a bit risky
entry test are tough i know coz they are f.sc based...so u should also start studing chem, phy n bio....and yes repeat phy cox for medical u should have good grades in o levels and o levels both and entry test or sat 2 score...search on google more about the requirements in which u r going to apply....i don't know more about medical cox i'm an engg student....

Reaction score
if you are applying as an overseas student in medical in pakistan then competition is not as tough...i would prefer you to give sat 2 and score 2200+
you can also give entry test bcoz admission on sat 2 only would be a bit risky
entry test are tough i know coz they are f.sc based...so u should also start studing chem, phy n bio....and yes repeat phy cox for medical u should have good grades in o levels and o levels both and entry test or sat 2 score...search on google more about the requirements in which u r going to apply....i don't know more about medical cox i'm an engg student....

thnku so much i already got best grades in o levels n got 9a in as levels...jes got tensed about admissions....

Reaction score
Hi guys, im planning to give SAT's and Ielts, along with a levels....currently the universities i ave gone through require alevels and ielts but in philpines they require ielts too....rite now im doing a2, but at the same time i want to give sat's...could anyone give me a recommendation which period might be the best to be completed devoted to SAT??

Reaction score
My SAT II score is 2100 and Olevel equivalence is 88%, in which faculty i would be able to get in through NUST International seat , applying this year?

Reaction score
can somebody tell me which topics are a must to study for biology SAT and which chapters fall onto E and M section individually, please :)
thanks.

The book you buy specifies which chapters you have to learn. Usually all chapters mentioned (in the book) appear in the tests, so it's recommended that you go through all of them. And do a lot of practice tests.

Reaction score
The book you buy specifies which chapters you have to learn. Usually all chapters mentioned (in the book) appear in the tests, so it's recommended that you go through all of them. And do a lot of practice tests.
I have this book of Kaplan but they haven't distinguished properly the chapters of E and M. so should i go through all molecular section + E even though there is a choice between them ?

btw when should i start studying properly if i want to prepare for bio and chem SAT in october? and how do i register?

Reaction score
I have this book of Kaplan but they haven't distinguished properly the chapters of E and M. so should i go through all molecular section + E even though there is a choice between them ?
btw when should i start studying properly if i want to prepare for bio and chem SAT in october? and how do i register?

Don't go through both sections. Go through the section of which you want to give the test for as you can't give both E and M in one sitting [collegeboard doesn't allow it]. And if you can buy one more book, they always prove to be helpful.

If you've done A-levels, you're going to need around a 3 weeks to prepare. If not, start studying by August (latest; or July). It depends on how many hours you want to use per day.

You can register through http://sat.collegeboard.org/home

Reaction score
That's the problem. I don't know the topics of E and M individually they haven't specified them in the book its like all the topics are given at once now i don't know which ones i have to learn as a part of E or M. And which book should i buy other than Kaplan?
Thanks btw.