• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT-I or SAT-II?

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the basic difference between these two courses and the advantages of taking these courses?

Reaction score
SAT I is comprised of three components: Writing, Critical Reading and Maths.
SAT II is a subject test. There are many subject options which you can check on this site for the complete list.

What do you mean by advantages? The SATs are mandatory to apply for most US Universities. So the advantage if you take the test is that you'll be able to apply I guess?

Reaction score
SAT I is a standardized test required by nearly ALL U.S universities if you wanna be eligible for application. (or you could give the ACT instead)
SAT II (a.k.a SAT Subject Tests) are standardized tests based on subjects such as Math, Bio, Chem, Phy, World History, U.S History, Language etc. These are required by U.S universities based on your choice of major. Like engineering students need to take SAT I, SAT II Math, Chem and Phy.

Reaction score
SAT I is a standardized test required by nearly ALL U.S universities if you wanna be eligible for application. (or you could give the ACT instead)
SAT II (a.k.a SAT Subject Tests) are standardized tests based on subjects such as Math, Bio, Chem, Phy, World History, U.S History, Language etc. These are required by U.S universities based on your choice of major. Like engineering students need to take SAT I, SAT II Math, Chem and Phy.
For Electronics Engineering too I need Chemistry along with Math level 1,2 and Physics? (Talking about SAT II)

Reaction score
For Electronics Engineering, you usually have to give Physics, Maths Level 2 and Chemistry.
However, if you are applying to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for Electronics, you only have you give two SAT II subjects, either Maths Level 1 or 2, as well as Physics, or Chemistry, or Biology.
As you know we both are going to MIT♥. Hence I wrote my subjects. That is Math level 1,2 and Physics. Isn't this (y)? or it is (n)?

Reaction score
I'm currently in A2 and I plan to apply to universities in the USA. I'm giving the SAT Reasoning Test this November and I'm Planning to give the SAT Subject tests this December. I have a few questions:
1. What Subject tests should I give if I plan to major in Computer Science.
2. How much sre the Physics, Chemistry and Math subject tests related to the A-Level syllabus?
3. Are 3 subject tests in one sitting too hectic(for those who've given them.)?
4. I also plan to apply to NUST, Islamabad as backup. Is applying on the basis of SAT better for A level students? And is it true that the number of seats for those applying on the basis of SAT is very low?
Any help would be appreciated :)