• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Scholarship Requirements?

Reaction score
I wanted to ask what are the scholarship requirements for admission in Harvard and univeristy of Cambridge?

I have read that cambridge has an entrr requirement of a minimum of 1 A* and 2 A in a level
But what are the scholarship requirements for different levels (ie. 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% scholarship) for o level, a level, and others?

Informaton on scholarship requirements of other medical unis will be appreciated

Reaction score
I wanted to ask what are the scholarship requirements for admission in Harvard and univeristy of Cambridge?

I have read that cambridge has an entrr requirement of a minimum of 1 A* and 2 A in a level
But what are the scholarship requirements for different levels (ie. 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% scholarship) for o level, a level, and others?

Informaton on scholarship requirements of other medical unis will be appreciated
well these are tough unis
harvard is good for sciences and cambridge for business side
i think harvard gives you fee according to your family income, for needy students sufficient help is provided so paying the fee isnt the problem the problem is just admission
To have a good chance you should have something like 10+ A*s in olevel and 5+ in a/as, most preferable is that all related to your field (for harvard sat is necessary so aim for 2300+, and you are in )
however this will not be sufficient alone, the best unis use something known as holistic admissions which means that they will not grade you only on academics, you have to show which sports you are good at (football, basketball etc ), what artistic skills you have (literature, music painting etc. ) and your positive hobbies and interests (debating etc.)

For medical Pakistan really isnt bad, if you go to america you will have to do bsc and then mbbs, which will take a long time indeed, Pakistani medical colleges have a good reputation globally

Reaction score
i think harvard gives you fee according to your family income, for needy students sufficient help is provided so paying the fee isnt the problem the problem is just admission
To have a good chance you should have something like 10+ A*s in olevel and 5+ in a/as, most preferable is that all related to your field (for harvard sat is necessary so aim for 2300+, and you are in )
however this will not be sufficient alone, the best unis use something known as holistic admissions which means that they will not grade you only on academics, you have to show which sports you are good at (football, basketball etc ), what artistic skills you have (literature, music painting etc. ) and your positive hobbies and interests (debating etc.)

For medical Pakistan really isnt bad, if you go to america you will have to do bsc and then mbbs, which will take a long time indeed, Pakistani medical colleges have a good reputation globally

Well i don't think i would be accepted, tough luck 4 me, since i screwed up big time in IGCSE and am taking 4 subjects in AS and am already struggling!! what about 5!! hey is there any colleges that give scholarship but less demanding??

Reaction score
Thnx dude u really helped me alot
What about 10 A*s in o level?
Cuz I have decided to give stats only
Is there any other sub which I can take in o levels related to my field?
Is it 5 A*s in a level or minimum of 5 As?

Reaction score
Thnx dude u really helped me alot
What about 10 A*s in o level?
Cuz I have decided to give stats only
Is there any other sub which I can take in o levels related to my field?
Is it 5 A*s in a level or minimum of 5 As?
it isnt something compulsory, the thing is you have to prove you are a talented guy, instead of spending time on another subject, you could find some talent of yours and polish it, or you may (as an example ) get involved in the clinic of some relative, help around, get to know things actually and practically and then you can mention it later on as a useful experience
however if you must then sociology is quite useful in medical side

Well i don't think i would be accepted, tough luck 4 me, since i screwed up big time in IGCSE and am taking 4 subjects in AS and am already struggling!! what about 5!! hey is there any colleges that give scholarship but less demanding??
it was a general example, 5 isnt something compulsory or somewhere even close it
all you need to do is prove yourself whether you did academically or otherwise but preferably both
there are hundreds of good universities out there and no determined indivisual is left behind
just give your best in whatever form you can (y)

Reaction score
it isnt something compulsory, the thing is you have to prove you are a talented guy, instead of spending time on another subject, you could find some talent of yours and polish it, or you may (as an example ) get involved in the clinic of some relative, help around, get to know things actually and practically and then you can mention it later on as a useful experience
however if you must then sociology is quite useful in medical side

Sorry dude cant take sociology as a negative result came when I did Istikhara
Btw thnx for the wonderful advice

Reaction score

dont think about fees or scholarships.......get the admission..that's more important.......financial aid or loan etc etc etc u will get easily once ur seat is confirmed...........Din raat aik karo admission or sat k liye...........go on

Reaction score
sat really matters in the us but in uk they accept the cambridge certificate

Reaction score
thnx
and when exactly shud i give SAT? like after o or a levels?

ill ask my guardian counceller in school then tell u about it
ill explain her ur situation and then tell u
im not so sure u can study for it in the summer holidays then give it

Reaction score
ill ask my guardian counceller in school then tell u about it
ill explain her ur situation and then tell u
im not so sure u can study for it in the summer holidays then give it

thnx
but i have asked a friend of mine and am planning to give it in the nov session 2014 INSHALLAH

Reaction score

i want to get a scholarship to study medicine in cambridge university. I have taken 9 subjects in as and a level. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music, applied ICT, G.P., Thinking skills, English, and Further maths. My goal is to score between 6-7 A*. Will this be enough to get 100% scholarship to study medicine in cambridge.

Reaction score
i want to get a scholarship to study medicine in cambridge university. I have taken 9 subjects in as and a level. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music, applied ICT, G.P., Thinking skills, English, and Further maths. My goal is to score between 6-7 A*. Will this be enough to get 100% scholarship to study medicine in cambridge.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Yeah dude I guess absolutely most definitely you will get an admission if you achieve your goal (y)
scholarship is a secondary thing and is decided after admission I guess and hence it is always uncertain though in your application you can mention it and they can give you a good idea beforehand if they wish
but you have a very high chance of getting one either by the institute or some private group

How are your extra-curricular activities, internships etc. ? You are taking Music that implies that you practically also spend time on it as a hobby and are good at some instrument. Stuff like this is necessary for unis with "holistic" admission policy :)

Reaction score
Y
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Yeah dude I guess absolutely most definitely you will get an admission if you achieve your goal (y)
scholarship is a secondary thing and is decided after admission I guess and hence it is always uncertain though in your application you can mention it and they can give you a good idea beforehand if they wish
but you have a very high chance of getting one either by the institute or some private group

How are your extra-curricular activities, internships etc. ? You are taking Music that implies that you practically also spend time on it as a hobby and are good at some instrument. Stuff like this is necessary for unis with "holistic" admission policy :)
ive been into music for about 2 years, I also play squash in school and I'm part of the IAYP award.