• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Scholarship Requirements?

Reaction score
Hello! I want to apply to a US university which offers 100% scholarship as I cannot afford to pay even a fraction of their tuition fees. I am interested in accounting/finance/journalism/linguistics/creative writing/English language programs. Please tell me which universities give out generous scholarships and have good courses for these programs. Also, the university should be reputed and well-known around the globe so that it guarantees me a job upon graduation. I'd love it if it's in New York. :D
A little about me:
I am an AS level student. In O levels I had 6A*s and 2As (my O level school didn't allow students to appear for more than 8 subjects). I have 4 subjects for now and I might drop one of these in A2. I will prepare for the SAT in the summers and will give it my best shot. Aiming for a score around 1900 - 2000. Also, I am an active member of my school's Literary Society and have been selected as President for the same for the next session. So yeah, I'll also have a council position. That should help with admissions and scholarships. I have also taken part in mock debates and been to a couple MUNs. I also plan on doing some community service.
What are my chances? Is it a realistic approach?
Thank you.

Reaction score
As per my knowledge, USA unis r mostly more generous in giving scholorships. If not scholorships, u can get financial aid, grants n othr fundings from private institutions. Ur strong academic profile and extra curricular activities can get u scholorship bt it can also be based on financial need u show. For USA unis, visit collegeboard website, sign in n u ll find lotz of helpful stuff on this topic.

Reaction score
As per my knowledge, USA unis r mostly more generous in giving scholorships. If not scholorships, u can get financial aid, grants n othr fundings from private institutions. Ur strong academic profile and extra curricular activities can get u scholorship bt it can also be based on financial need u show. For USA unis, visit collegeboard website, sign in n u ll find lotz of helpful stuff on this topic.
Yeah I've heard that too. UK has become rather notorious for not giving out enough scholarships. Thanks btw.
Anyone else?

Reaction score
If all else fails you can get a loan
As a matter of fact some advise to write financing through loan in the application instead of asking for aid because request for aid may decrease your admission chances

Reaction score
I see there are some questions related to Cambridge. I have got an offer with scholarship for natural sciences. So if you guys have any question about cambridge admissions and scholarships I would be glad to help.

Reaction score
I see there are some questions related to Cambridge. I have got an offer with scholarship for natural sciences. So if you guys have any question about cambridge admissions and scholarships I would be glad to help.
Congratulations on your offer! What were your subjects and grades? ECAs?

Reaction score
Congratulations on your offer! What were your subjects and grades? ECAs?
My o level subjects were the usual subjects that science students take but with computer replacing biology and add maths and statistics as extra subjects. I got all A*s except for urdu B in which i got an A. For my As level, I had 3 A's in maths, phys and chem and a d in english language :p. Plus I had a few distinctions. This might tell you that for Cambridge bad grades in irrelevant subjects do not affect your application if you have good grades in the relevant subjects. For my A2 I have maths, phys, chem, economics (i had studied AS eco but didn't take exam) and further maths. Only relevant ECAs count for cambridge. So in my case I had participated in maths and science competitions like NSTC and kangaroo contest. Plus I was in the Pakistani IMO 2013 team winning an honourable mention there. I have been in my school's student council like head boy and prefect but that doesn't really count as relevant.
So the most important things for Cambridge are grades(obviously), academic achievements, relevant ECAs and interview (very important). So suppose you're applying for engineering or natural sciences then you don't need debating, drama, student council or such things. You could do them for other unis though. What you need are excellent maths skills, problem solving ability which will be checked in the interview, good grades and passion for your relevant subjects.

Reaction score
i want to get a scholarship to study medicine in cambridge university. I have taken 9 subjects in as and a level. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music, applied ICT, G.P., Thinking skills, English, and Further maths. My goal is to score between 6-7 A*. Will this be enough to get 100% scholarship to study medicine in cambridge.
Dude, there no scholarship whatsoever at cambridge university for Medicine. You have to pay the full fees no matter what. Some external organizations may be willing to help you but Cambridge personally will provide no aid.