• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Screwed up in Aslevel Need Advise!!!

Reaction score
hye everyone i need some advice too plz.....i got 2c in chm and bio and d in phy...i am planning to retake phy and bio for dis oct/nov session.....plz someone advise me on how i should study? or should i give just one subject in oct/nov and give the second one along with A2?
it will be abig burden to give now both subjects as u are not awesome in any ur grades tell that. still if u think u can give then go for it. :)
where as i will say just go in oct nov. for one which u consider to be easy then the next one should be given excel. this will reduce burden :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
hye everyone i need some advice too plz.....i got 2c in chm and bio and d in phy...i am planning to retake phy and bio for dis oct/nov session.....plz someone advise me on how i should study? or should i give just one subject in oct/nov and give the second one along with A2?

Just give the one you got D in. Give the rest with your A2 exams.

Reaction score

I don't recommend anyone to take exams haphazardly. Allow yourself a gap of 1 year between 2 exams. I mean either take all the AS subjects at the end of year 1 and all A2 subjects at the end of year 2. Or, just take all the exams at once, like I did. It saves a lot of time, effort, money, and perhaps many more.

My friends missed classes while taking exams in Oct/Nov for almost a month. If you are regular with your study, it won't be any difficult to take all the exams at once. Take internal exams seriously and keep faith in yourself. Work more, worry less! You'll be fine.

Now, if you have already filled up examination form, I suggest you to study on a regular basis. Allow yourself to read a variety of materials: past papers, examiner reports, mark schemes, etc apart from notes and textbooks. If you are confident to solve past papers well, you'll certainly do well in your exams.

Reaction score
I don't recommend anyone to take exams haphazardly. Allow yourself a gap of 1 year between 2 exams. I mean either take all the AS subjects at the end of year 1 and all A2 subjects at the end of year 2. Or, just take all the exams at once, like I did. It saves a lot of time, effort, money, and perhaps many more.

My friends missed classes while taking exams in Oct/Nov for almost a month. If you are regular with your study, it won't be any difficult to take all the exams at once. Take internal exams seriously and keep faith in yourself. Work more, worry less! You'll be fine.

Now, if you have already filled up examination form, I suggest you to study on a regular basis. Allow yourself to read a variety of materials: past papers, examiner reports, mark schemes, etc apart from notes and textbooks. If you are confident to solve past papers well, you'll certainly do well in your exams.

its not possible for me to take a gap year and yea i've already registered for oct/nov,im giving phy and bio.....i didnt get good grades before because i was having some personal problems....now i believe i can make it if i work hard enough.....and thanku so much, ill try my best this time.....:)

Reaction score
its not possible for me to take a gap year and yea i've already registered for oct/nov,im giving phy and bio.....i didnt get good grades before because i was having some personal problems....now i believe i can make it if i work hard enough.....and thanku so much, ill try my best this time.....:)
I too hope that you'll do well in the coming exams. Try to be careful about your health and try to prevent other problems you might have in future. Even unrelated problems affect our study and exam a lot. So, be aware about them in time and manage them well.

I wish you all the best for your examinations. You still have enough time to make the difference. :) So, continue to work hard towards your goal.