• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

serious thread abt calculator

Reaction score
chill people u can use any of them but just make sure the one u have wont start "VIBRATING AND RINGING" in the xamination hall :p

Reaction score
Yar m advice. Take two calcus. One 82ms, second the one with the integration. Invigilators ask u to write calcu model number. Write both with a pencil. In the end erase the model number of the coplex calcu u hav and let 82ms remain on it. but yar i use 991ms and i only have 991 ms... I used it in the Stats paper in 09 Nov and got an A* and will continue to use it in the Maths and Addmaths paper. Unless u dont show the working, the examiner doesnt cares. Bus try karna ES na likhna.

Reaction score
shahoo said:
farrukh said:
my teacher told me that they dont check the calculators you can use any except graphical calculator and I never wrote calculator modle on my paper......and regarding differentiation and intergration i will take me fx991Es, I have asked my friends who gave add math exam with this calculator without any problem
ask him that did british council stated on the document(which u get wid statement) that cal. wid integration/diff. r not allowed,plz ask him man
I asked him but he says that I can take it all his previous students took it without any problem...and its written on statment of entry that calculators with symbolic differentiation/intergration are not allowed..But I am not sure what symbolic means here...

Reaction score
I have fx-991ES and used it in Math-D oct/nov 09 and got A *
991es can solve quadratic,simultaneous equations...!! :D

Attachments

• 1264493717.jpg
    1264493717.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
571/991 ms can solve quadratic and cubic equations. and they can solve simultaneous eq, differentiaion/integration wagaira... only if u knw how to use it.... es is easier to use.. but is ki aadat nahi dalni chahiye

Reaction score
i think all the calculaters r allowed except those which can make programmable functons and graph.....by the way my bro gave his maths and add maths test with fx-991 MS he got the highest grade.....

Reaction score
guys seriously don not carry ES models cz even tho invigilatorx dnt check, if u write it on ur qp then u r in grave danger! I've got 82ES and it sucks, itx got nothing bt still i neva write 82ES! I scratched its ES off with a scale n now in xams I write 82MS! =D buh phy P1 may i wrote ES cz tub i didnt knw abt the consequences....i guess phy wagera may itna farak nahi parta cz udhar calculus nahi hota buh be aware in maths n ad.mathx! Gud Luck!

Reaction score
Kat De Luna said:
natural displays arent allowed either!! MS OR ES
How bout fx-95MS it does not have natural display..................my bro has used it in his maths o level paper..............i think its allowed which only partially MS model calculators r not allowed :mrgreen:

Reaction score
ppl its no wher written in my statement of entry tht which calculator i should b usin its just written tht we shouldnt b usin graphical calculators......
i hav fx-500ES......wat should i do ? only 1 day is left....
i hav used the same in chem amd phy.....
by the way wher was it written to rite the calculator model number?

Reaction score
yes 3 day to go..........4 P2
so pls confirm that can i use my fx 82ES in the maths paper 2, and will right fx 82ms on the paper? is this rite...........

Reaction score
Hey guyz is this Calculator is acceptable in C.I.E??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• closeup_fx991esplus.jpg
    closeup_fx991esplus.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 100
Reaction score
AURORA
SC 550

FIAMO
SC 6
SC 20

CANON
F-715S

CASIO
FX 82AU
FX 82MS
FX 85MS
FX 95MS
FX 95 SG Plus
FX 350MS
FX 820MS
FX 992S

HEWLETT PACKARD
HP 8S
HP 9S
HP10S
HOSEKI
H-1030
H-1031
SHARP
EL 509VM
EL 509 W
EL 509WM
EL 509WS
EL 546VA
EL W531S

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
TI 30XIIB
TI 30XIIS
TI 34 II

only these are allowed

Reaction score
^^P.S. This is the officially approved list that i posted. There is absolutely no harm in taking natural display calculators. All you don't have to take are the graphic/programmable calculators like this one:
closeup_7400gp.jpg