• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Scary Stories

Reaction score
It always comes back.

Every day, it's there looking in my windows. Waiting, waiting for me to let my guard down so it can devour me before I reach the driveway. I'm only safe at night, that's when it goes away, to feed on some other unfortunate souls somewhere else in the world.

That is when i come out of the basement, out to stock up on more supplies for my survival. But tonight, something went wrong, there must have been a wreck, traffic is a lot heavier than usual. It's almost dawn, my clock reads 6:34 a.m. I'm running out of time. I need to get home, back to the safety of my basement. But I'm miles away, i'll never make it home.

It's coming back, it always comes back.

The sun is rising

Reaction score
Occasionally, I will look up from my computer screen, towards the small crack in the closet. It's been 730 days, but the face with the piercing eyes still hasn't gone away.

You'd think that after two years, a body would decay.

Reaction score
"They say on this lake sometimes you can hear a woman crying," Chuy, my Mexican boatman, was saying as he pushed his pole against the muddy bank. "She was a lady who lived long ago—"

"I know." I excitedly interrupted. "She's the lady who went crazy and drowned her children, so her ghost is cursed to search for them for all eternity." I was so proud of myself for knowing my folklore. "They say that if you hear her screams right in your boat, you have nothing to worry about; it's when it gets quiet that it's too late for—Chuy?"

He was gone. It was only when the echo of my voice died down that I realized I had drifted out of sight of land. There was no sign of the boatman or his pole. There was only silence.

Reaction score
It always comes back.

Every day, it's there looking in my windows. Waiting, waiting for me to let my guard down so it can devour me before I reach the driveway. I'm only safe at night, that's when it goes away, to feed on some other unfortunate souls somewhere else in the world.

That is when i come out of the basement, out to stock up on more supplies for my survival. But tonight, something went wrong, there must have been a wreck, traffic is a lot heavier than usual. It's almost dawn, my clock reads 6:34 a.m. I'm running out of time. I need to get home, back to the safety of my basement. But I'm miles away, i'll never make it home.

It's coming back, it always comes back.

The sun is rising
ru a vampiress? :p

Reaction score
What was that? a sharp sound woke me up from the peaceful dream o had been enjoying.
it sounded like someone was crying...
my wrist watch told me it was around 2 o clock
I wrapped the blanket on my head afraid to see ehat awaited my vision
I tried to sleep, for I might have coz d dream soon returned...
it was 10 when I awoke in the hostel room.
my roomate lilana was trying not to , eet my eye...
"hey lily did u hea d crying sound last night ?"
"ya its was me crying, maybe that what u heard...
because you were floating in the air...!"

Reaction score
What was that? a sharp sound woke me up from the peaceful dream o had been enjoying.
it sounded like someone was crying...
my wrist watch told me it was around 2 o clock
I wrapped the blanket on my head afraid to see ehat awaited my vision
I tried to sleep, for I might have coz d dream soon returned...
it was 10 when I awoke in the hostel room.
my roomate lilana was trying not to , eet my eye...
"hey lily did u hea d crying sound last night ?"
"ya its was me crying, maybe that what u heard...
because you were floating in the air...!"
lovely(y) it would sound even better if you mend the spelling mistakes