• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So how was Physics P33?

Reaction score
So technically speaking it SHOULD BE ZERO ? and what about gradient was it near 3.42 for you ? .

And in q2 what were your d values for 95 and 60 cm respectively for me it was 3.9 and 1 i think o_O and what error did you have to use for % uncertainaty .1 or .2 ?

Reaction score
akbararshad said:
every1 will gt a different gradien nd y intercept..... m not sure abt ma one but ma grad was around 9 sumfin and y intercept was -1.02 :(
I also got negative coz I did a lame mistake to draw the graph of T against X instead of T against 1/X......How lame? Did you do the same?

Reaction score
question 2 was quite easy.. q1 was a bit technical as many candidates in my centre did a big blunder that they didnt made the clips to oscillate in right to left direction making an angle 45deg with verticle.. lol ... btw i twisted it :Yahoo!: Alhamdullilah ... my gradient was 4.67 .. and y intercept 0.0032 apprx 0 .... what i did was forgot write units of a and b ... that wre for a (s cm) for b (s) .. what will be the GT?

Reaction score
kakarocks said:
So technically speaking it SHOULD BE ZERO ? and what about gradient was it near 3.42 for you ? .

And in q2 what were your d values for 95 and 60 cm respectively for me it was 3.9 and 1 i think o_O and what error did you have to use for % uncertainaty .1 or .2 ?
we had to use 0.2 ...

Reaction score
u guys are lucky
in november i had to use a variable resistor and had no clue of how it worked!
worst exam ever physics p3, hate it

Reaction score
kakarocks said:

My d for 95 was 2.4 and for 60 it was 0.6!

Reaction score
hey, newbie here. Gradient is actually negative. Our sir also did the practical exam with us and he said it was negative. He also gave a reason about which i understood nothing. But it is confirmed that gradient is negative. Btw, my values of k were not proportional. How many marks would i lose ... :(

Reaction score
gradient is not negative -__-.....y-intercept in negative!!.............my gradient was 5.67 nd intercept was -0.5....

Reaction score
guys gradient has a range btw..............................but the y intercept is 100 percent negative coz if u put the values i.e gradient lies between 2 to 8
ur y=mx+c will give negative value of c...................and are we suppose to write units

msk

Reaction score
wahab305 said:
guys gradient has a range btw..............................but the y intercept is 100 percent negative coz if u put the values i.e gradient lies between 2 to 8
ur y=mx+c will give negative value of c...................and are we suppose to write units

I totally agree with u man! see there will be no y-intercept actually but if u extend the line then it goes into the negative column.....so y-intercept had to be negative whereas gradient will vary alot according to your readings but it will surely be positive!

Reaction score
I just remembered my gradient was actually 3.99 - 0.5/1.05-0.11 = 3.71 :D And i used .1 for % uncertainity as 0.05 is in one reading right ? so two would have .1 o_O

Reaction score
well guyx...there is one mork for correct read-off for y -intercept and no quality mark for y interecept.....!!!.............quality marks are for a and b....nd i think y intercept.... -.5<x<+.5...m dead sure this will be correct range cos it should have been zero...bt we r nt PERFECTIONISTS!!!
and gradient....i dont now i got 4.47