• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

sociology post your doubts here!!

Reaction score
what do u mean by structuralist and interactionist views and are they like related to the consensus or conflict theory.

Reaction score
interactionist views highlights the importance of symbols in understanding culture and the social behaviour it shapes,suggesting that symbols are the major agent for transmitting and shaping culture.and it is like the conflict theory.Structuralist view is an theory based on the assumption that the actions of humans are structured by the social environment. It is the way these structures behave that determine how we behave.and it is similar to consensus!!!

Reaction score
got any notes for sociology? i got 3rd edition, theek hai na? any suggestions? any help for it? plz? :p
(im studying myself)

Reaction score
triangulation means combining methods of quantitative and qualitative research and sociologist that uses this are methodologist pluralist for eg bryman support it as useful method for identification of social problems and phenomenas

Reaction score
interpretivist sociologist believe qualitative research gives inside of social world because instead of getting facts they get ethnographic data based on opinions and microsm of individual social world this is research based on subjectivity

Reaction score
can I do it if I start studying now? pls tell me a study pattern to follow!

Reaction score
Even if you start studying now, you can do it. You just have to be good at memorizing stuff and have good writing skills.
Learn the definitions of key terms and the major theories. Go through the marking schemes to get an idea of what things are required in the answer.
An answer supported by sociological theories gets the top mark.
Feel free to ask anything.
And GOOD LUCK! :D