• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Thread

Reaction score
Ughh, I hate how they've extended the lines given for your answers in recent exams. ;_; I preferred when 8-mark questions were only a page long. Do you guys manage to fill in all the lines? I usually end up leaving like 3 or 4, is that bad? Even when you've covered all your points? :(

Reaction score
read the beginning of the sociology past papers
You may not need to all the answer lines for your answer .
as long as u cover all the points and gv the examples/details needed
Btw , a translation dictionary is permitted into the examination , cie said so if english is not ur first language

Reaction score
read the beginning of the sociology past papers
You may not need to all the answer lines for your answer .
as long as u cover all the points and gv the examples/details needed
Btw , a translation dictionary is permitted into the examination , cie said so if english is not ur first language

Awesome, thanks! :)
Haha, at first I thought you said that regular dictionaries were permitted, I got so happy. xD I don't think i'll need a translation dictionary though. ^-^

Reaction score
thanks , but can you tell me who are the privileged groups and who are the disadvantaged groups
(btw, non of the questions i ask are in the past papers)

Reaction score
thanks , but can you tell me who are the privileged groups and who are the disadvantaged groups

Privileged groups are the people with higher life chances, upper or middle class. Disadvantaged groups are people with low life chances, working class.

Reaction score
The privileged groups are generally the ones with the higher life chances and in higher social class, and the disadvantaged with the lower life chances and lower social class. Life chances are affected by social factors like class, gender and ethnicity. I hope this makes sense, it can be a bit tricky to understand.

I have seen questions about similar things in paper 2 so it is good to prepare for them.

Reaction score
Can someone define "proletarianisation" and "De-skilling" please? ^-^;

I think proletarianisation is where the middle class get in increase in their working and labor. Not exactly sure. I know its a marxist theory which relates to the working class.
De-skilling is marxist aswell and its basically putting a job in a lower position by removing the skills needed for it. Pretty much getting rid of the need for skilled people in the position.