• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Thread

Reaction score
Okay.
To what extent do the more powerful groups in society benefit from social control? (8 marks) m/j 08 p1

Hmm so the powerful groups are the govt they get benefited when theres less crime and peace.You tellsome other points i dont feel like writing a lot lool

Reaction score
No, the more powerful groups are the bourgeoisie who are the ruling class. They have money and their kids get better social control from school and so on... Dont want to write alot.

Reaction score
No, the more powerful groups are the bourgeoisie who are the ruling class. They have money and their kids get better social control from school and so on... Dont want to write alot.

Ok but my point is also right isnt it?Plz give some other points
What bout the army they get benefited by SC coz ppl dont rebel against thm

Reaction score
We didnt learn anything about the army or government in my class cause we skipped that chapter. I know more about the other chapters and i learned about the bourgeoisie and proletariat. Your answers are most probably correct, especially if you learned them in class.

Reaction score
We didnt learn anything about the army or government in my class cause we skilled that chapter. I know more about the other chapters and i learned about the bourgeoisie and proletariat. Your answers are most probably correct, especially if you learned them in class.

Hmm ok thnks
Same here im better at other chapters :)btw where do you live

Reaction score
Distinguish the difference between the modern industrial societies and traditional industrial societies .

Modern industrial societies
-Both the parents work and earn
-children study
-Men and women have equal rights, women can also earn money and get educated
Traditional industrial societies
-Father is the breadwinner and Mother as a caretaker
-children helping dad at work eg agriculture
-Women would find it difficult to achieve social mobility,were told to not work and take care of children at home.

Reaction score
Modern industrial societies
-Both the parents work and earn
-children study
-Men and women have equal rights, women can also earn money and get educated
Traditional industrial societies
-Father is the breadwinner and Mother as a caretaker
-children helping dad at work eg agriculture
-Women would find it difficult to achieve social mobility,were told to not work and take care of children at home.

Is it right?

Reaction score
What is the difference between distribution and redistribution of wealth?

I wanted to ask this as well. :p Redistribution of wealth is the distribution of income earned by rich people to poor people in the form of things like taxes, which are set up by the government.
I looked up distribution of wealth:
The distribution of wealth is a comparison of the wealth of various members in a society.
Which makes sense, I guess. :)