• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Thread

Reaction score
the simplified definition of proletarianization is a form of downward social mobility whereas class structure of a job changed for a middle class to a working class
im not 100% sure

Reaction score
I think proletarianisation is where the middle class get in increase in their working and labor. Not exactly sure. I know its a marxist theory which relates to the working class.
De-skilling is marxist aswell and its basically putting a job in a lower position by removing the skills needed for it. Pretty much getting rid of the need for skilled people in the position.

Oh okay, thanks so much! :)

Reaction score
What's positivism? and Interactionist, interpretivist perspectives?

Positivism is when the sociologist carries out their research objectively, using a scientific approach, I think?
Interactionist perspective is that it is the individuals that shape society, (structuralist perspective is that is is society that shapes individuals).
I'm not sure about interpretivists. :confused:

Reaction score
and What is the difference between inter and intra generational mobility

Inter-generational mobility is mobility between one generation and the next. For example, a child with working class parents becomes successful and moves up to middle class.
Intra-generational mobility is mobility within one generation. For example, a man who moves up from his working class job to a middle class one. :)

Reaction score
Intra generational mobility is the movement of an individual over the course of their life from one occupation to another. For example, it can occur as a result of being promoted or changing jobs.

inter generational mobility is movement between generations of a family. For example if a kid enters a different occupation than his parents then inter generational mobility has happened.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
the link for the website i posted is endorsed by cambride according to the syllabus and they said in the table
Interactionists (or interpretivists)
at least in sociology it is

Reaction score
Can anyone do this question from the O/N 2012 paper: Assess the extent to which proletarianisation has occurred.

It's and 8 mark question!