• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Thread

Reaction score
Right.

Paper 2 is a lot easier, in my opinion. ^-^ I'm going to be solving questions from Family and Education, what about you guys? :)

Totally agree. Questions about crime are usually very easy. Same for family and education. Wait, everything is easy, except mass media.

Are you lost? Your post doesn't make any sense. (n)

Reaction score
Totally agree. Questions about crime are usually very easy. Same for family and education. Wait, everything is easy, except mass media.

Right! Most questions are repeated as well, so i'm pretty laid back for this paper. ^-^ Just going to go through definitions.
Oh, really? We skipped the chapter in my school.

Reaction score
ohh really! :) Alryt Bro..!
Does yur post make any sense huh!!!

Yes, it does. It seems as if you've posted in this thread by mistake. First post asked whether you're sitting sociology or not, and 'yo guys!' is not the answer to that question. Every post in this thread makes sense and is relevant to the title of this thread, except yours.
I don't want to start an argument here. So, don't reply to this message with more irrelevant posts. If you feel you must reply, then send your reply in a private message.

Reaction score
Right! Most questions are repeated as well, so i'm pretty laid back for this paper. ^-^ Just going to go through definitions.
Oh, really? We skipped the chapter in my school.

Indeed, many questions have been repeated. Our teacher taught it, but I just hate it and not going to solve questions about it.

Reaction score
p1 came hard , i think im the only one who thinks so
i think im gna take a 9th subject :p

Just do your best in paper 2 to make up for it, i'm sure you didn't do that bad? ^-^
I actually ended up regretting answering one of the questions I did, because after taking a second look at the paper, I found a much easier 3rd-question to solve, but I didn't have enough time to answer it instead. ._.

Reaction score
Just do your best in paper 2 to make up for it, i'm sure you didn't do that bad? ^-^
I actually ended up regretting answering one of the questions I did, because after taking a second look at the paper, I found a much easier 3rd-question to solve, but I didn't have enough time to answer it instead. ._.

May I ask, which question you regret solving and which was the easier option?

Reaction score
May I ask, which question you regret solving and which was the easier option?

The question involving social identity & gender roles is the question I wish I didn't answer, i'm almost certain to lose marks there. :unsure: It would've been easier for me to answer the question about class & stratification systems, but oh well, can't do anything about that now.

Reaction score
Secularization refers to the idea that religion is losing its importance and significance in society

i found nothing about intergated roles but
conjual roles are roles are roles of a man and woman at home

Reaction score
I don't know, i'm not doing crime, sorry. ^-^;

Can someone tell me what the difference is between joint conjugal roles & integrated roles?
Also, define secularisation?

joint conjugal roles and integrated conjugal roles are the same thing. It's when wife and husband are sharing roles like childcare and domestic activities.
The other type of conjugal roles is segregated or separated conjugal roles, which is the opposite of joint conjugal roles. It's when wife and husband do not share roles.

Reaction score
Secularization refers to the idea that religion is losing its importance and significance in society

i found nothing about intergated roles but
conjual roles are roles are roles of a man and woman at home

Ah okay, thanks. ^-^

joint conjugal roles and integrated conjugal roles are the same thing. It's when wife and husband are sharing roles like childcare and domestic activities.
The other type of conjugal roles is segregated or separated conjugal roles, which is the opposite of joint conjugal roles. It's when wife and husband do not share roles.

That's what I thought as well, I just got confused because they were listed separately in the syllabus. ^^ Thank you!

Reaction score
Can someone please answer the following questions? I need perfect answers, just imagine you're solving it for the exam.

1- Explain why subject choice is still often influenced by gender? (6 marks)
2- How social control is maintained in small scale tribal societies? (6 marks)
3- To what extent are boys and girls treated differently within the education system? (8 marks)