• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Standard of A level paper

Reaction score
Well I wanted to discuss this with many people. Dont u thnk CIE has raised the standards of their papers for this year??? You have a premium example of phy p1, one of da toughest paper in history of phy, then wat abt S1. I believe it was quite a difficult paper too, Although many of us will disagree on this. Bt just want to know, have u observed this what I have observed????

Reaction score
yep! Although, Masha'allah I didn't have any trouble in any paper till yet, but still, seeing the response of other candidates after papers, I totally agree that CIE have raised their standard for A=level this year! Dunno, why's that! But many people are saying exactly just what u did!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Yar even u see that trend in solving ur past papers. U will be in a good rythm and flow till june 09 bt as soon as u solve the paper of nov 09, everythng starts to get worst. And then u face the music in ur examination hall!!!

Reaction score
now...
ab bas Allah bhala kre eco k paper me....
very scared yaaron...
plzz suggest me something...

Reaction score
hamizahmed said:
Yar even u see that trend in solving ur past papers. U will be in a good rythm and flow till june 09 bt as soon as u solve the paper of nov 09, everythng starts to get worst. And then u face the music in ur examination hall!!!

Yup...so SCARY and so TRUE! :eek: :eek:

Reaction score
Correctly observed.. !!! I think they have done done this due to the introduction of new grade.. Now they want to judge crrectly between an A* paper and an A pape r!!

Reaction score
well they want to separate good and best candidates. remember they have to award A*s this year, so the one who does the toughest ques gets an A*, while others still get an A..

Reaction score
There were many exceptions. But yes there has been a slight increase. Not something to worry though.

Reaction score
Well as far as it is concerned with me, I agree with u... Even though my papers went Good Mashallah , But the standard have gone high.. Atleast for the subjects i am taking papers for !

Reaction score
Zohaib Sherazi said:
There were many exceptions. But yes there has been a slight increase. Not something to worry though.

Zohaib this is not a slight increase. Did u see the paper of phy, it was hell of a difficult paper. And wat abt stat. I knw it was not that difficult bt still a tricky one, although my total lost marks in the paper have been raised to 13.

Reaction score
If the standard is increased the percentile would be decreased..

In terms of science..
Grade boundary for an A is inversely proportional to the standard of the paper ;P :mrgreen:

Reaction score
i totally agree...they did make it harder..but i shud say they raised the bars up for the A2 papers more than the AS..
.physics P4 tomorrow....gettin sorta tensed!!

Reaction score
Carry said:
i totally agree...they did make it harder..but i shud say they raised the bars up for the A2 papers more than the AS..
.physics P4 tomorrow....gettin sorta tensed!!
'Sorta?', thats an understatment, P3 and P4 aint no walk in the work especially keeping in mind the trend CIE has set this year

Reaction score
only given 1 paper i-e S1. n u all knw about it, it wasnt a confidence booster at all.
got phy p42 in some hours, n then math p32. dunno whats comin :S