• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stat v. 62

Reaction score
they had men
How many of you considered the trees of a particular type identical. For example for part ii i said that no. of arrangements was 3! because the arrangements of the trees within each block is not important after all the hibiscus trees are not different. they are identical. If cie really wanted us to think that trees of a particular species are different then they are out of their minds. They could have given a better example which wasn't so confusing.....
tioned in the question dat each tree of a specie was different

Reaction score
GUYS I USED 96=np and 32= np(1-p) ! but still i calculated the value wrongly will i be awarded any marks ? p.s this is my only mistake i hope ! -_-
That's what happened to me too! Every step was perfect but the answer is fluctuating a tad. I'm hoping I'd get 2 out of 4 atleast, for finding np and npq AND setting the k/9 probabily. :D

Reaction score
That's what happened to me too! Every step was perfect but the answer is fluctuating a tad. I'm hoping I'd get 2 out of 4 atleast, for finding np and npq AND setting the k/9 probabily. :D
when u got the value of n incorrect then how u got k correct :confused:

and what about that last question :mad:

Reaction score
when u got the value of n incorrect then how u got k correct :confused:

and what about that last question :mad:
I wish I knew, it's kind of funny. :p

Oh I messed up, I thought it was about toffees drawn from Ahmed's bag. I set the table for 0, 1, 2, 3,4 and 5. Got it right at the last moment, heh. Alhumdulillah! xD

Reaction score
I wish I knew, it's kind of funny. :p

Oh I messed up, I thought it was about toffees drawn from Ahmed's bag. I set the table for 0, 1, 2, 3,4 and 5. Got it right at the last moment, heh. Alhumdulillah! xD

i also did the same ....... :mad:

Reaction score
Y
Q6 iii) it was 8!x9P4 not 12!-(9!x4!)
Yes u are right. Because it said all the hibiscus trees had to be separated. If u calculated the arrangements for them to be together and subtracted it from total it would also involve those arrangements in which two hibiscus trees or three hibiscus tree is together.

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the outliers question? what'd you get for it + how'd you do it?

Reaction score
Total trees 15.
Hibiscus:4, Oleander: 2 J-something: 9

(i) selection of 12 trees where there has to be a minimum of two of each kind.
A: 2O, 2H, 8J = 2C2*4C2*9C8 = 54
2O,3H, 7J = 2C2*4C3*9C7 = 144
2O, 4H, 6J =2C2* 4C4*9C6= 84
total = 54+144+ 84 =282

(ii) The company picks 6J, 4H and 2O. How can they be arranged if the trees of the same type are are kept together.
A: 3!*4!*6!*2!= 207360

(iii) Arrange the 12 trees so that the hibiscus plants are not together.
A 12! -(9!*4!)

syed1995
saifookhan
In the last part didn't they mean that no two (or more) hibiscus plants could be together?