• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

statistics 2: post your doubts and solve mine! lol

Reaction score
mean for 70 times= 70*3.5. variance=70*35/12
Use SD and Mean to get probability from the normal distribution table.
hey could you please help me with some s2 doubts.Can't seem to understand q2 part i of 2009 72.Please reply whenever you can.
thanks

Reaction score
hey could you please help me with some s2 doubts.Can't seem to understand q2 part i of 2009 72.Please reply whenever you can.
thanks
I don't take S2. I just knew how to do that question because I take further maths.

Reaction score
Yes I saw the Q wat cant u understand? Man says its greater than. 7 and here mean is not given but probability is given
So we wont convert it to z like we always do and also take 0.05 to b as it is Cu's this too is a probability!

Reaction score
Hey redapple, i want to Ask you about hypothesis test, like justifying a given condition.

How can u determine whether a claim is justified when statistic test z value that we found is either larger or smaller than the significance level in one tail or two tail test? I have watched videos and read books but still dont understand!

Reaction score
For example its a 1 tail test significance level 5% we 1-0.05 ans cums 0.95 we read reverse table on that. In this case its 1.645 for eg a man claims there r more than 3 ppl from a batch of 5 ppl who pass a test we need to c if it is less than that so we will take out z at tat value
and see if its less than 1.645 if its less we reject his claim if more accept :)

Reaction score
For example its a 1 tail test significance level 5% we 1-0.05 ans cums 0.95 we read reverse table on that. In this case its 1.645 for eg a man claims there r more than 3 ppl from a batch of 5 ppl who pass a test we need to c if it is less than that so we will take out z at tat value
and see if its less than 1.645 if its less we reject his claim if more accept :)

Thank you apple! :)
So its what I get :
In one tail test, if the z test is less than the significant lvl, we reject it
If its more, then we accept it.
1. Am i right?

2. Does this also applies for two tail test? If its more, then we accept. If its less, then we reject?

Thanks before!!!

Reaction score
And by the way, How to determine whether the value of the sample we got is 'significant' or 'not significant' to our null hypo?

Reaction score
Thank you apple! :)
So its what I get :
In one tail test, if the z test is less than the significant lvl, we reject it
If its more, then we accept it.
1. Am i right?

2. Does this also applies for two tail test? If its more, then we accept. If its less, then we reject?

Thanks before!!!
Ur welcum if its 1 tail and sig level for eg 1% then z= 1- 0.1 Cal the reverse table at 0.9 if two tail 1- (0.1/2) 0.95.

Reaction score
For example its a two tail at sig level 5% then z would be 1-(0.05/2)=0.975 reverse table at this value is 1.96 so we form a range
Ie if the claim is to b accepted the z that we calculate frm the formula ie z= xbar-mean/(sd/root of n) should lie btw the values ie
should b greater than -1.96 less than 1.96:)

Reaction score
Can someone explain may June s11 qp 72 Q3 c!

P(at least 1) = 1 - P(X=0)
= 1 - (e^-1.8)
= 0.8347

Next 10 match is independent of each other. Independent cases have to be multiplied.
Its like P[first match] x P[second match] x .......... P[tenth match]
since all the prob of goal in each match is the same
so it is (0.8347)^10

Reaction score
Can u help with me with M/J 2010 71 Q7(i). How to find probability of type 1 error? Thx