• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics S1 post your doubts here

Reaction score
U know wat I would like to tell you abt my last year igcse maths paper 4 I had just messed it up and was worried all over the holidays really badly but in the end I got an A so I would like to say don't worry u and everyone else will inshallah get an A in all subjects
awesome ,, i hope to get A's in all AS subjects ,,,,, me too in igcse i got 4 A's and A* and i'm retaking the B's this year :D

Reaction score
Hi. Can someone tell me how to determine when should I use the continuity correction and when to use only the X~Bin? I know in general you should use continuity correction when approximating Binomial distribution to Normal distribution. But that is what I don't understand. Could you guys maybe provide me some examples n explanations when to use and when not to? Thanks.

Reaction score
can someone help me with a summary on how to handle questions on continuity
I don't seem to get it at all

Reaction score
can someone help me with a summary on how to handle questions on continuity
I don't seem to get it at all
If P(X=n) use P(n – 0.5 < X < n + 0.5)
If P(X>n) use P(X > n + 0.5)
If P(X≤n) use P(X < n + 0.5)
If P (X<n) use P(X < n – 0.5)
If P(X ≥ n) use P(X > n – 0.5)

Reaction score
How do u know when to use continuity in a question?
A continuity correction factor is used when you use a continuous function to approximate a discrete one. In simple terms, you use it when you want to approximate a binomial with a normal distribution.