• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

studyin in UK ?

Reaction score
know which ones easier to do ?
can't say which one. Both are different in aspects.
IELTS is short and paper-based. More like the ESL Olevel Oral Exam.
TOEFL is computer based. You have the test on a computer at the exam center and it normally lasts for 4-hours. Its lengthy and that can get a problem sometimes. The main thing in it is that you have 9-listening tests and 6-speaking tests. These all are not counted, 3 and 2 are counted from both sections respectively and the rest are taken for survey. So for toefl, you need to practice well in these 2-sections.

I went with toefl.

Reaction score
can't say which one. Both are different in aspects.
IELTS is short and paper-based. More like the ESL Olevel Oral Exam.
TOEFL is computer based. You have the test on a computer at the exam center and it normally lasts for 4-hours. Its lengthy and that can get a problem sometimes. The main thing in it is that you have 9-listening tests and 6-speaking tests. These all are not counted, 3 and 2 are counted from both sections respectively and the rest are taken for survey. So for toefl, you need to practice well in these 2-sections.

I went with toefl.

hmm .. i prefer the short one ! have no much patience !! 4 whole hours !! man ide ather be killed !..

Reaction score
I'm an A2 student and yup, willing to apply to UK.
Ahaan, so you need to get on with the application process. Been to the ucas website?
Have a look at the guidelines and procedure. The deadline for application is 15th Jan i guess. So start with it when you are over with mids.
What course are you going for?

Reaction score
Ahaan, so you need to get on with the application process. Been to the ucas website?
Have a look at the guidelines and procedure. The deadline for application is 15th Jan i guess. So start with it when you are over with mids.
What course are you going for?
It's so confusing, I mean I don't understand where to start from. I wanna apply for a course in Social Sciences...Criminology and Psychology ( I have checked Southampton, they do offer this) but people say it's a worthless degree. Well, perhaps Neurology or Genetics might do! Tell me one thing honestly, should we live up to expectations or follow our passion? Thanks for baring my ramblings and for your advice.

Reaction score
It's so confusing, I mean I don't understand where to start from. I wanna apply for a course in Social Sciences...Criminology and Psychology ( I have checked Southampton, they do offer this) but people say it's a worthless degree. Well, perhaps Neurology or Genetics might do! Tell me one thing honestly, should we live up to expectations or follow our passion? Thanks for baring my ramblings and for your advice.
These courses are taught at almost every university here.
First select a course, set your mind to one thing. And then start with the application.
Well, I'll say, follow your passion. Its you and your future so you should be the one deciding. But yes, support from parents. If your parents agree to your choice then you don't need to go after other's expectations suggestions.
And no worries, its okay.

Reaction score
These courses are taught at almost every university here.
First select a course, set your mind to one thing. And then start with the application.
Well, I'll say, follow your passion. Its you and your future so you should be the one deciding. But yes, support from parents. If your parents agree to your choice then you don't need to go after other's expectations suggestions.
And no worries, its okay.
Thanks a lot! One more thing, is it really really necessary to give IELTS? I'll be giving SAT I on Jan 26th Inshallah. I did IGCSE ESL and managed to get an A* in it alhamdulillah. Did you have to give IELTS or SAT I did the trick? I know both of them are entirely different. What are majoring in?