• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subject help needed !!

Reaction score
Assalamullikum I m Science+Computer Student yet I will be appearing for accounts(O LEVELS) in October Session!! Will it further help me in my future as I will be changing from Science to Commerce in A levels and I m planning to do ACCA and then CA and furthermore if I take don't study Business Studies and Economics will I face difficulty in A level ?? and moreover can one do ACCA without actually going in Commerce ?? I mean by just appearing in Accounts in O and A levels ??

Reaction score
Yes you can do ACCA even if you do your A levels in complete Science subjects. It doesn't matter what subjects you choose. I have a friend whose brother did his A levels and O levels in science subjects but changed his mind when going in university. Instead of doing ACCA directly, you could do CAT first as if you pass CAT exams, then you won't have to give all the ACCA papers, you're exempted from giving them then. Moreover, once you do ACCA you can give CA exams in 8 months.

Yes O and A level accounts will greatly help you in ACCA.

Do remember though, that most universities prefer students who give A levels and O levels in commerce for ACCA and CA.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Yes you can do ACCA even if you do your A levels in complete Science subjects. It doesn't matter what subjects you choose. I have a friend whose brother did his A levels and O levels in science subjects but changed his mind when going in university. Instead of doing ACCA directly, you could do CAT first as if you pass CAT exams, then you won't have to give all the ACCA papers, you're exempted from giving them then. Moreover, once you do ACCA you can give CA exams in 8 months.

Yes O and A level accounts will greatly help you in ACCA.

Do remember though, that most universities prefer students who give A levels and O levels in commerce for ACCA and CA.
thank you very much for updating my info!! Can you came some of the good universities in Pakistan for ACCA ?? and again Thank you, I m such relieved right now !! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Bravo: :good:

Reaction score
i think IBA is one i guess but i might be wrong as im not a business dude !!

Reaction score
IBA does not offer ACCA as it is not affiliated with the British Council.

Reaction score
arlery said:
IBA does not offer ACCA as it is not affiliated with the British Council.

Thanks for telling atleast now i know and clearing the misconception !! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
what about doing economics in AS and A2 ....... if we have not taken it in O levels? can one still do accountancy without any problem..........and one more thing? i have heard that accountancy takes alot of time to be done and its very hard? is it so?

Reaction score
Not really, no. I didn't find any difficulty in studying accounts, even though I was studying it for the first time in my life. It just needs practise, and you need a good teacher to clear your concepts. Economics won't really help in accounts, so yes you can study it without any problem. You just need to grasp the concepts firmly. Accounts is a relatively easy subject. As I've said before, it just needs a lot of practise.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Not really, no. I didn't find any difficulty in studying accounts, even though I was studying it for the first time in my life. It just needs practise, and you need a good teacher to clear your concepts. Economics won't really help in accounts, so yes you can study it without any problem. You just need to grasp the concepts firmly. Accounts is a relatively easy subject. As I've said before, it just needs a lot of practise.

Wow arlery you seem like very experienced in commerce :) what have u done ?

Reaction score
arlery said:
yeah you are 100% correct about accounts !! I m studying accounts for the first time and it just needs practice!! if u have the concept than it is very easy !!! :)

Reaction score
Very much !!! I hate Physics and Chemistry !! but Account is some thing entirely different !! I love it !!

Reaction score
Duhh :p Physics is so rocking!!! :p Chem is good too... lawl looks like its the inverse with me :p

Reaction score
yeah just need concepts but the first chaps when u get to know abt the book keeping and those balance sheets and income statement are very important if u cant get this u cant get anything later so get that right and try to always balance the balance sheet correctly get the hang of its method and what can be classified as assets and liabilities as most of my friends loose marks on that part although its just school exams !! :D

Reaction score
i have a similar problem. i ve taken all science subjects in o levels but now i want to shift to accounting in a levels. pleasetell me which subjects to take. i also do not want to drop chemistry,
confused.

Reaction score
if u dont want to continue in the field which Biology offers then drop Bio in A levles but guys u must understand that only giving accounts will not help u in A levels i guess u also neeed some knowledge of commerce,business and eco if u can get them eco and business are almost same so u see its not like a quick fix !! ull have to find time to study this as well probably dont give their papers but u need to know what is in these subs atleast two of the three i mentioned !!

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
if u dont want to continue in the field which Biology offers then drop Bio in A levles but guys u must understand that only giving accounts will not help u in A levels i guess u also neeed some knowledge of commerce,business and eco if u can get them eco and business are almost same so u see its not like a quick fix !! ull have to find time to study this as well probably dont give their papers but u need to know what is in these subs atleast two of the three i mentioned !!
That is why I m switching the field to Commerce in A levels !!! I will be studying Eco and B.S in the next summer holidays but will not appear for the papers !! yet it will give me the basic knowledge of Commerce :)

Reaction score
You can opt for Business Studies, Accounting and Math if you want to become a full fledge commerce student.