• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SUPER CONFUSED.....help needed!!!

Reaction score
Iam appearing for olevels pakistan studies,islamiat,urdu and english in 2 MONTHS and im very confused:confused: .....i want some ADVICE on how to prepare for each of these subjects........notes,websites,tips etc would be really appreciated....
I also have a few questions....

1. Is it really necessary to prepare from the farooq bajwa book for history??......why does everyone recommend that??......what is so special about that book that isnt in nigel kelly or nigel smith??

2. Do NOTES really help??.....because they just confuse me!!:confused: .....different notes of different coaching centres mention totally different points for the same questions ,especially for the 7 marks questions in history....
I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL TO ANYONE WHO REPLIES......:)

Reaction score
Iam appearing for olevels pakistan studies,islamiat,urdu and english in 2 MONTHS and im very confused .....i want some ADVICE on how to prepare for each of these subjects........notes,websites,tips etc would be really appreciated....

1. Is it really necessary to prepare from the farooq bajwa book for history??......why does everyone recommend that??......what is so special about that book that isnt in nigel kelly or nigel smith??

2. Do NOTES really help??.....because they just confuse me!! .....different notes of different coaching centres mention totally different points for the same questions ,especially for the 7 marks questions in history....
I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL TO ANYONE WHO REPLIES......
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-notes-center.11138/ check these :)

Reaction score
Iam appearing for olevels pakistan studies,islamiat,urdu and english in 2 MONTHS and im very confused:confused: .....i want some ADVICE on how to prepare for each of these subjects........notes,websites,tips etc would be really appreciated....

2. Do NOTES really help??.....because they just confuse me!!:confused: .....different notes of different coaching centres mention totally different points for the same questions ,especially for the 7 marks questions in history....
Bajwa books give extra references so you can impress the examiner and stuff,i personally dont find it very useful and about the notes,IF u feel uncomfortable and confused,DONT USE THEM because i understand that every teacher and tutor has a different view about every answer so use your own knowledge and mind to answer questions.;)

Reaction score

Notes just give you the main points about the topic, not like the book that give 10 line paragraph for 1 line point :D

Reaction score
there r few topics which r not mention in the nigel kelly nd nigel smith's book but r mention in the bajwa's bo0k so farooq bajwa book is recommended!! nd especially for 4 mark qustnx this book is recommended!!!:)

Reaction score
there r few topics which r not mention in the nigel kelly nd nigel smith's book but r mention in the bajwa's bo0k so farooq bajwa book is recommended!! nd especially for 4 mark qustnx this book is recommended!!!:)
but there is less than a month left in exams n i dont hav dis buk.....n i think dat starting wid a whole new book ven such less time is left is kinda stupid 2 do.....may be i'll get really confused n stuff so tell me if dat buk is REALLY VERY IMPORTANT n its IMPOSSIBLE to get an A* widout it cuz i'll buy it only then....
n thank u soooooooo much for ur reply....

Reaction score
but there is less than a month left in exams n i dont hav dis buk.....n i think dat starting wid a whole new book ven such less time is left is kinda stupid 2 do.....may be i'll get really confused n stuff so tell me if dat buk is REALLY VERY IMPORTANT n its IMPOSSIBLE to get an A* widout it cuz i'll buy it only then....
n thank u soooooooo much for ur reply....
No,you can get A* without it.Just practice past papers and prepare from nigel kelly.Past papers are V.V.V.V.V important.And i dont think you'd get much out of it in just a month.Dont waste your time and money on that.Just practice past papers.The ideas are repeated and you'd have no problem in answering the questions

Reaction score
I don't think so dat farooq bajwa's book is important Nigel Kelly nd smith are more useful than it... As far as I know nd have observed dat 4 marks question are usually taken from Nigel smith ......

Reaction score

Bajwa has more details and references. I prefer to read Bajwa (from 1900 onwards) along with Nigel Kelly.
Also read Nigel Smith, as my teacher told me most of the 4 marks qs which come are from Nigel Smith.

If the notes confuse youthen just leave them and read the books which you have bcuz the more books you read; the more details you have; and your answer is more impressive. :)

Best of Luck for CIE's!!! :)

Reaction score
i just wanted to ask that;;;;;;;; while answering the history paper my friend filled up all the data on the main answer booklet, e.g: candidate number, center number, name, date, and syllabus code but did not marked the column where you have to mark that you have used an extra answer sheet although he filled all the important identity data on the extra sheet as well and kept it inside the paper as we do .,, so there should be no problem i guess,,, plz tell

Reaction score
i just wanted to ask that;;;;;;;; while answering the history paper my friend filled up all the data on the main answer booklet, e.g: candidate number, center number, name, date, and syllabus code but did not marked the column where you have to mark that you have used an extra answer sheet although he filled all the important identity data on the extra sheet as well and kept it inside the paper as we do .,, so there should be no problem i guess,,, plz tell
I guess not because they'll scan it and send it anyway. If he filled out the details on the extra sheet, they should consider it.

Reaction score
using more books causes confusion......stick to what u know...the best way is that u pretend there's a duffer sitting infront of u and explain it to him..seriously..it will clear ur own concepts...i used to teach my cousin..she got an A*...nd u know wat a lot of my concepts were cleared by her questions....[/quote]

Last edited: