• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Super heroes or real life heroes?

Reaction score
Superheroes. The Dark Knight, to be specific. There is no real life hero as inspiring as the Dark Knight currently. My honest opinion.
In what way is The Dark Knight inspiring? I mean how would children benefit if they knew his story? :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
My granddad once told me in his tym they had a superhero called six million dollar man or something... Some kid trying to copy him jumped from building....
Better to have realistic role models like good ppl around you.. And awesome ppl from past like prophets a.s.w.s... And sahaba etc... Coz they have qualities that really matter in life... Imho.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
In what way is The Dark Knight inspiring? I mean how would children benefit if they knew his story? :)

First of all, it's not a superhero character. Because, unlike Superman who flies or Spiderman who jumps from buildings with webs coming out of his wrists, we can connect with the Batman character, and it's definitely believable.

What can be more inpirational than these quotes from the The Dark Knight Rises:
"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended. "

and this after Batman nearly gives his life for the safety of the people:
" I see a beautiful city and a brilliant people rising from this abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life, peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy. I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

But, of course, one can only get the real depth behind these quotes if one has seen the movies.

Plus, there are no real life perfect heroes these days. Everyone has motives.

Reaction score
Nibz
You are right about the fact that batman is way more believable than superman, spiderman,.. and personally, since I was young, he had been my favourite.. :)
And yes, the quotations are truly inspiring (y)

Reaction score
well.. any heroes in general.. superheroes or real lifee heroes teach the same lesson... stand up against evil, stand for what you feel is right, && never back down evenn if you going thru hell... andd we are all smart enoughh to know whats all possible and whAts not in superhero movies... we must follow tneir example ignoring the supernatural stuff.. and i totally support what Nibz saidd as well... and its true... anyonee can be a hero... directly or indirectly... my favorite heroes are the Black Veil Brides.... so what iff they're a band?? thruu their music they spread the same message... stand up for yourself and the weakk... people who've heard them knoww xactly what i'mm talking about.. anywau BvB fans here?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Plus, there are no real life perfect heroes these days. Everyone has motives.

hmm.. there is one thing that came to my mind reading this.... quran is pretty awesome... when we read surah fatiha.... it says:
"Guide us to the straight path - The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, ..."
notice the past tense... it's coz our real role models are in the past... those who have already completed the test of life and earned Allah's favour... Like the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous.

Doesn't mean we won't get to meet good ppl.. it's just our concrete role models are ppl in the past... coz ppl right now are not guaranteed.. no one knows the future...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
hmm.. there is one thing that came to my mind reading this.... quran is pretty awesome... when we read surah fatiha.... it says:
"Guide us to the straight path - The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, ..."
notice the past tense... it's coz our real role models are in the past... those who have already completed the test of life and earned Allah's favour... Like the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous.

Doesn't mean we won't get to meet good ppl.. it's just our concrete role models are ppl in the past... coz ppl right now are not guaranteed.. no one knows the future...

That's not true.

And that actually is a present perfect tense, which means the people who the Almighty HAS bestowed favor upon, alive or dead.

There is no denying that prophets are the perfect role-models, but I merely answered the question under discussion: Soldiers/firefighters or batman/superman!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
That's not true.

And that actually is a present perfect tense, which means the people who the Almighty HAS bestowed favor upon whether they are alive or dead.

There is no denying that prophets are the perfect role-models, but I merely answered the question under topic: Soldiers or firefighters or batman/superman!

an'amta is past.. see:
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=1&verse=7
^ fail maz... past..

I know what you meant, didn't mean to disprove ur point.... was just saying... for us real life perfect heroes are awesome muslims like the prophets... ppl b4 us..

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score