• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Super heroes or real life heroes?

Reaction score
Question: Why is superman being insulted? -.- :p JK ;)

Anywayzzz, in my opinion, for CHILDREN superheros are a good option because children wont sit and listen to stories about life around us and stuff, will they? (Plus, real life stories freak out even grown up people at times :unsure:) So the superheroes become a mode of planting the same things in them in a way that is more suited to their little minds.

They should, ofcourse, be told about real life things too as they grow up, but 'unconciously' bomarding them with these values while entertaining them helps to embed these values better into the subconcious mind, which means it stays in there forever. :)

N.M

Reaction score
Question: Why is superman being insulted? -.- :p JK ;)

Anywayzzz, in my opinion, for CHILDREN superheros are a good option because children wont sit and listen to stories about life around us and stuff, will they? (Plus, real life stories freak out even grown up people at times :unsure:) So the superheroes become a mode of planting the same things in them in a way that is more suited to their little minds.

They should, ofcourse, be told about real life things too as they grow up, but 'unconciously' bomarding them with these values while entertaining them helps to embed these values better into the subconcious mind, which means it stays in there forever. :)

Well, I would disagree here... Even for children, personally I don't think that taking batman n superman as their superheros is a good option, firstly because that takes them to an imaginary world of fantasy where people fly, do magic n stuff...far away from the reality... making them their role models...imitating them...
Plus there is no educational productiveness in them... all what they do is watch those cartoons all day long... resulting in becoming lazy and inactive... No aspect of Tarbiyyah in it...

It's better to give them real examples of our role models, the awesome people that used to exist like our Prophets, and Sahabas... their examples are more real to life and more realistic... These stories will instill in them the love of Allah and His Messengers... Don't think that they would find them boring, it doesn't...they actually enjoy such stories...

I am telling this by experience that children love to listen to the stories of the prophets and the Sahaba... My little sis, she is 6yrs old and she loves to listen about stories of Prophets from when she was 4 yrs of age... so much so that sometimes you are out of stories, but she insists you soo much that you actually have to think of which story to tell her now...

And obviously there is a way of narrating children a story that their interest remains, relate to them stories of Prophet Sulaiman(AS) and his flying horse, or his convo with the ant on his way or abt hud hud, tell them the story of Prophet Ibrahim(AS) and Mosa(AS)... Tell them about Muhammad(SAWS), his life... story about Halima Sadia and various story from his life... They just love them! :love:

Sorry :unsure: didnt mean to negate your point, but this is how I think... :)

Reaction score
Well, I would disagree here... Even for children, personally I don't think that taking batman n superman as their superheros is a good option, firstly because that takes them to an imaginary world of fantasy where people fly, do magic n stuff...far away from the reality... making them their role models...imitating them...
Plus there is no educational productiveness in them... all what they do is watch those cartoons all day long... resulting in becoming lazy and inactive... No aspect of Tarbiyyah in it...

It's better to give them real examples of our role models, the awesome people that used to exist like our Prophets, and Sahabas... their examples are more real to life and more realistic... These stories will instill in them the love of Allah and His Messengers... Don't think that they would find them boring, it doesn't...they actually enjoy such stories...

I am telling this by experience that children love to listen to the stories of the prophets and the Sahaba... My little sis, she is 6yrs old and she loves to listen about stories of Prophets from when she was 4 yrs of age... so much so that sometimes you are out of stories, but she insists you soo much that you actually have to think of which story to tell her now...

And obviously there is a way of narrating children a story that their interest remains, relate to them stories of Prophet Sulaiman(AS) and his flying horse, or his convo with the ant on his way or abt hud hud, tell them the story of Prophet Ibrahim(AS) and Mosa(AS)... Tell them about Muhammad(SAWS), his life... story about Halima Sadia and various story from his life... They just love them! :love:

Sorry :unsure: didnt mean to negate your point, but this is how I think... :)
Well, you sure have a point :)

Well.... Cartoons can be chosen to ones that have an educational value in them. I'll be honest here, a lot of my early knowledge about Islam and Arabic came from cartoons :oops: and so did my interest in chemistry :p I do agree that these kinda cartoons are rare now :(

THEY are a sure winner *_* But I was including non-Muslim children too. (the person mentioned fire-fighters n stuff so I thought we were talking about 'today' ppl :oops:)

And yes it depends on the narrator AND the upbringing of the child too ;) And well, I guess these cartoons are preferable to Barbie and Tom and Jerry n stuff :p

Oh dont be sorry please ;) Everyone has a right to express :D I do agree in part to your thinking. :) But I firmly believe in the subconcious part because I've seen it work wonders - either in the form of cartoons or funly narrated stories :)

Reaction score
well whteverr you say...LEAVE THE CARTOONS OUTTA THIS !! -.- the silliest cartoons are entertaining... not all people wanna watchh educational stuff alwayz ...sorry if i sound rude, i dont mean any offense to anyonee here.... just that idkk how to put forthh my point properlyy :/

Reaction score
well whteverr you say...LEAVE THE CARTOONS OUTTA THIS !! -.- the silliest cartoons are entertaining... not all people wanna watchh educational stuff alwayz ...sorry if i sound rude, i dont mean any offense to anyonee here.... just that idkk how to put forthh my point properlyy :/
:LOL: I dinno you be cartoon lover Immu O.O :D And thats what I'm saying.. we dont watch educational stuff but it educates us anyway ;) :p
And its alrightyyy :D (y)

Reaction score
That's not true.

And that actually is a present perfect tense, which means the people who the Almighty HAS bestowed favor upon, alive or dead.

There is no denying that prophets are the perfect role-models, but I merely answered the question under discussion: Soldiers/firefighters or batman/superman!
its انعمتَ: past tense like فعلتَ

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Real life egs.(4 us ppl, who can understand. btw, kids can't READ per se, so just small simple story time)

Allah (swt) said in surah mumtahinah:"Indeed, you have an excellent example 2 follow in Ibraheem and those with him.."
also in surah Ahzab, the eg of Prophet Muhammad(saw)
:)

(y)
jazakAllah khair for the beautiful reminder!