• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Terrible chemistry teacher....:'(

Reaction score
Asalam-o-Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!
I am currently doing AS Levels and am very depressed because I have a horrible chemistry teacher... :( :( The teacher doesn't know anything AT ALL!! It makes me angry and frustrated.. Anyone who has had a similar sort of a problem or has given chem AS, do you think it is possible for me to self-study and get an A, InshAllah? And if you have any notes that would be beneficial for me, could you plz offer up a link or sumthng? JazakAllah Khair! :(

Reaction score
+1 for using chemguide as a resource. It's extremely helpful. However a good teacher really helps. You should consider changing your teacher and if it that isn't possible, take tuition for Chemistry.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I am currently doing AS Levels and am very depressed because I have a horrible chemistry teacher... :( :( The teacher doesn't know anything AT ALL!! It makes me angry and frustrated.. Anyone who has had a similar sort of a problem or has given chem AS, do you think it is possible for me to self-study and get an A, InshAllah? And if you have any notes that would be beneficial for me, could you plz offer up a link or sumthng? JazakAllah Khair! :(
WaAlaikum AsSalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

I came here to say this:

Walikum Salaam!

Don't have the option to change your teacher?

Use this site (Very Helpful) : http://www.chemguide.co.uk/

Reaction score
JazakAllah Khair! May Allah bless you all! :)
Don't have the option to change your teacher?
You should consider changing your teacher and if it that isn't possible, take tuition for Chemistry.
No, I don't. :( But InshAllah, I hope for the best. Tuitions? It's not possible for me..

Reaction score
oh wow, we have the same problem--and now I'm short in time.
internet is your best friend when you can't ask anyone around you.
do you have a senior, or a friend that is very good at chem?

chemguide.co.uk is a great site, as mentioned by people above.

my only suggestion is that you need to do all the papers--practice. check the mark scheme, try to understand your mistake. if you don't, head over to the forum and ask the community, or a friend of yours who os able to help. i'm not sure if this will help me to get an A or not, but I'm trying my best. Chemistry os sure a very hard subject D:

Reaction score
At this oint of life ,You should become an independent learner .Teachers should be a supplementary , but not a vital guide ot studying.Remember that you're going to uni in two years , so learn to be independent!
As for chem-you should have these :
chemguide.co.uk
Chemistry Coursebook by Cambridge, written by Roger Norris, Lawrie Ryan and David Acaster
Pastpapers
These 3 are the absolute must for self-study .I've been self -studying since grade 11 , so trust me -it'll work out(y)

Reaction score
Yes, and don't forget that we can help you with your doubts. If you have ANY uncertainty about something in the course, ask here and we'll help you out. :)

Reaction score
At this oint of life ,You should become an independent learner .Teachers should be a supplementary , but not a vital guide ot studying.Remember that you're going to uni in two years , so learn to be independent!
As for chem-you should have these :
chemguide.co.uk
Chemistry Coursebook by Cambridge, written by Roger Norris, Lawrie Ryan and David Acaster
Pastpapers
These 3 are the absolute must for self-study .I've been self -studying since grade 11 , so trust me -it'll work out(y)
Yes, and don't forget that we can help you with your doubts. If you have ANY uncertainty about something in the course, ask here and we'll help you out. :)
JazakAllah Khair! Yes...I do have that book but I've heard that relying on only one book is not enough? Is that true?
leosco1995, JazakAllah Khair, that was extremely comforting! :)