• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Best Novels ...

Reaction score
i havnt read Dan brown . i m a fan of 19th & 20th century novels. The Mayor of Casterbridge is one of my fav

Reaction score
I'm a Dan Brown fan too... esp The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. In fact, I first heard of CERN from A&D and now I'm madly in love with the Centre. :)
His writing is just beyond awesome, and all the information he stuffs in is really cool too. Although there's a description overload sometimes that makes it so dreary...
Anyway, here are some of Dan's most glaring errors.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ode-author-Dan-Browns-20-worst-sentences.html
Some of them are not errors at all though, just downright stupid stuff by those critics. But the guy who wrote this has got pretty sharp eyes, I'd say. One hell of a critic!
Kinza Zimri Esme

Reaction score
The Pelican Brief - John Grisham
Salem's Lot - Stephen King
The Green Mile - Stephen King
The Client - John Grisham
The Firm - John Grisham
The Rain Maker - John Grisham

Reaction score
The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen.
A really nice series with brilliantly developed characters, filled with an electric plot and it had the one thing I look forward in books: an amazing sense of humor.
Those of you who have read the Inheritance Cycle, the Ranger's Apprentice series... you'd love this series. There's no magic, just a plain old boy using his wit.
To sum up, its a great read.

Reaction score
toooooooooooooo far fetched the thing i hated was that first langdon was running all along from his friends and then second the story had been concluded before its beginning, who knew about virus 2 days ago but had been released since a week, there was nothing they could do any way :eek:
Couldn't agree more!
Btw I think we had discussed the same thing over and out some time ago, right?
Dan Brown is getting rusty...

Anyone a Bourne fanatic here!
For those of you who are into thrillers, Bourne is an absolute read.
A personal favorite, Jason Bourne is one of the most colossal characters I have ever come across in my reading till date.

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more!

A personal favorite, Jason Bourne is one of the most colossal characters I have ever come across in my reading till date.
bourne fan ....but the latest movie "Bourne Legacy" was nt wat i wished

Reaction score
And Then There Were None -Agatha Christie
Awesome mystery thriller :D
It was beyond creepy.
I'm never ever going to touch Agatha Christie's books again! :p

bourne fan ....but the latest movie "Bourne Legacy" was nt wat i wished
Yayy..
Haven't watched that. Don't intend to either. Movies just spoil the essence of books.
And the Bourne Legacy is my best and favorite from all the 11 books until now. So I want it to remain that way. :)

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more!

i haven't read the bourne series but i have read other books by Robert Ludlum..i really liked The Prometheus Deception and The Jason Directive

Reaction score
i haven't read the bourne series but i have read other books by Robert Ludlum..i really liked The Prometheus Deception and The Jason Directive
Its the opposite here. I've read his Bourne trilogy but not his other books. I'll give them a shot if I have time.
Btw only the first three books in the series are by R. Ludlum. The other eight are by Eric Van Lustbader, who I consider a more enigmatic writer than Ludlum. Ludlum has great ideas but I think he is a bit slow paced and descriptive compared to Lustbader, who gives the right tinge to the Bourne series, a fast paced vibe with action all the time. I consider him a bit like Dan Brown and sometimes when compared to DB's Inferno, Lustbader's Bourne novels are way on a different level (IMO).

Reaction score
Has anyone read "To kill a Mocking Bird" ? Fabulous
I have started reading it, still in chapter 2... But then I stopped, unsure whether I should continue...
What do you think? The book is really famous and loved by many people around the world!

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more!

I read the first one, Bourne Identity
It was soooooooooooo long and they were running here and there all the time :p
I got bored :p

Reaction score
To kill a mockingbird- Harper Lee.
The book thief- Markus Zusak. (Idk if it's cos of my strange obsession with Death or what but I LOVE this one. Narrated by the Grimm Reaper, himself)
Tell me your dreams- Sidney Sheldon.
The time traveler's wife- Audrey Niffenegger.
The Fault in our Stars- John Green.