• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Reaction Thread

Reaction score
Overall it was worth watching it
I watched it's quite long ..
but this movie was not that impressive compared to the previous one .. they could have shortened those long conversations .
ending was quite surprising(as I've not read the book ) ...it's action action and then boom!!! looking forward to the next part

Reaction score
I haven't watched the movie yet but I have a pretty good idea of whats going to be in it.
The novels will obviously always be liked more than the movie cos they created a sense of environment and atmosphere for the readers so we know EXACTLY what Panem is about. Looking at the trailers, I can say that Catching Fire is probably better than THG, but it can't ever be as good as the book.

Reaction score
Also, suspense! For those who haven't read Catching Fire and Mockingjay be prepared for a whole lot of suspense.

Reaction score
i love the books.I am a huge fan.I just dont like the third book
they are better than the movies
although catching fire movie was better than hunger games movie.much more action!The arena scenes were pretty nice

Reaction score
It was good the dress parts were perfect the prade the arena it was amazing
and the baboon part lol i jumped so bad that. i threw chips at my sis in the cinema
but !!!!!! They didnt add hamitch (dont know the spellings ) game part
and the it was fast forward

Reaction score
Overall it was worth watching it
I watched it's quite long ..
but this movie was not that impressive compared to the previous one .. they could have shortened those long conversations .
ending was quite surprising(as I've not read the book ) ...it's action action and then boom!!! looking forward to the next part
Which long conversations did you not like?

Reaction score
I haven't watched the movie yet but I have a pretty good idea of whats going to be in it.
The novels will obviously always be liked more than the movie cos they created a sense of environment and atmosphere for the readers so we know EXACTLY what Panem is about. Looking at the trailers, I can say that Catching Fire is probably better than THG, but it can't ever be as good as the book.
Why can't movies do that exactly?

Reaction score
i love the books.I am a huge fan.I just dont like the third book
they are better than the movies
although catching fire movie was better than hunger games movie.much more action!The arena scenes were pretty nice
Why don't you like the third book? I thought it was the best of the three and dare I say it almost reaches the level of a masterpiece.

Reaction score
Why can't movies do that exactly?
I'm afraid I can't really explain that completely. In the books, every thing is described word by word down to the smallest detail. Thats something we can never find in any movie. Alot of things are taken for granted and alot of things are left out too.

Reaction score
I'm afraid I can't really explain that completely. In the books, every thing is described word by word down to the smallest detail. Thats something we can never find in any movie. Alot of things are taken for granted and alot of things are left out too.
Movies can and do have that ability. It's just far more subtle and obscure than rather reading the details presented. From the book, we know Katniss is forced to mature due to being the breadwinner of her family at the age of 12 yet is still that fragile innocent girl that needs emotional development to. In The Hunger Games(movie), after the initial bloodbath, we see her laying down being captivated by the blue butterfly on her finger and it flies away. That shows, despite being hardened by life's difficulties, she is still a teenage girl deprived of a proper emotional development due father father dying and her mother becoming catatonic as a result. These far more subtle details actually bring out more powerful emotions from the characters and affects me greater than reading and knowing right there what is one thinking about.