• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Islamic Forum

Reaction score
Narrated Qaza'a Maula:

(freed slave of) Ziyad: I heard Abu Sa`id Al-khudri narrating four things from the Prophet (ﷺ) and I appreciated them very much. He said, conveying the words of the Prophet. (1) "A woman should not go on a two day journey except with her husband or a Dhi-Mahram. (2) No fasting is permissible on two days: `Id-ul-Fitr and `Id-ul-Adha. (3) No prayer after two prayers, i.e. after the Fajr prayer till the sunrises and after the `Asr prayer till the sun sets. (4) Do not prepare yourself for a journey except to three Mosques, i.e. Al-Masjid-AI-Haram, the Mosque of Aqsa (Jerusalem) and my Mosque."

Reaction score
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

Reaction score
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall."

Reaction score
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah 's Apostle said, "Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely."

Reaction score
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah will say to that person of the (Hell) Fire who will receive the least punishment, 'If you had everything on the earth, would you give it as a ransom to free yourself (i.e. save yourself from this Fire)?' He will say, 'Yes.' Then Allah will say, 'While you were in the backbone of Adam, I asked you much less than this, i.e. not to worship others besides Me, but you insisted on worshipping others besides me.' "

Reaction score
Narrated `Abdullah:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whenever a person is murdered unjustly, there is a share from the burden of the crime on the first son of Adam for he was the first to start the tradition of murdering."

Reaction score
Narrated Abu Sa`id:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Noah and his nation will come (on the Day of Resurrection and Allah will ask (Noah), "Did you convey (the Message)?' He will reply, 'Yes, O my Lord!' Then Allah will ask Noah's nation, 'Did Noah convey My Message to you?' They will reply, 'No, no prophet came to us.' Then Allah will ask Noah, 'Who will stand a witness for you?' He will reply, 'Muhammad and his followers (will stand witness for me).' So, I and my followers will stand as witnesses for him (that he conveyed Allah's Message)." That is, (the interpretation) of the Statement of Allah: "Thus we have made you a just and the best nation that you might be witnesses Over mankind .." (2.143)

Reaction score
“Verily! We have sent it (this Qur’ān) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)

And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?

The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshiping Allāh in that night is better than worshiping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).

Therein descend the angels and the Rûh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allāh’s Permission with all Decrees,

Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allāh to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.”

[Surah Al-Qadr 97]

Reaction score
al-Ḥasan b. ʿArafah (Abū ʿAlī) narrated that
ʿAbdullāh b. al-Mubārak said to him,
ﺍﺳﺘﻌﺮﺕ ﻗﻠﻤﺎ ﺑﺄﺭﺽ ﺍﻟﺸﺎﻡ ﻓﺬﻫﺐ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺭﺩﻩ ﺍﻟﻰ
ﺻﺎﺣﺒﻪ ﻓﻠﻤﺎ ﻗﺪﻣﺖ ﻣﺮﻭ ﻧﻈﺮﺕ ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﻫﻮ ﻣﻌﻲ؛
ﻓﺮﺟﻌﺖ ، ﻳﺎ ﺃﺑﺎ ﻋﻠﻲ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺃﺭﺽ ﺍﻟﺸﺎﻡ ﺣﺘﻰ ﺭﺩﺩﺗﻪ
ﺍﻟﻰ ﺻﺎﺣﺒﻪ
❝I borrowed a pen from someone in al-
Shām, and I intended to return it to its
owner. When I arrived in Marw, I saw that I
still had it with me. O Abū ʿAlī, I went all the
way back to al-Shām to return the pen to its
owner!❞
(al-Khaṭīb, Tārīkh Baghdād: 10/167)

Reaction score
Surah Muhammad, Verse 7:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن تَنصُرُوا اللَّهَ يَنصُرْكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَكُمْ

O you who believe! if you help (the cause of) Allah, He will help you and make firm your feet.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Reaction score
What is the ruling on offering congratulations on Friday, because now it is the custom in our country on Friday to send text messages and people congratulate one another on the occasion of Friday by saying “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” or “Jumu‘ah tayyibah.”.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is no doubt that Friday is an “Eid” or “festival” for the Muslims, as it says in the hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “This is a day of ‘Eid that Allah has ordained for the Muslims, so whoever comes to Jumu‘ah, let him do ghusl, and if he has any perfume let him put some on, and you should use the miswaak.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1098; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said, describing the special virtues of Friday:

Thirteen: It is a day of ‘Eid that is repeated every week.

Zaad al-Ma‘aad, 1/369

Thus the Muslims have three Eids: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, which come once every year, and Jumu‘ah which is repeated once every week.

Secondly:

With regard to the Muslims congratulating one another on the occasions of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, this is prescribed and it is narrated from the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). This has been discussed previously in the answers to questions no. 49021 and 36442. As for congratulating one another on the occasion of Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that it is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), and they were more knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they were keen to respect it and give it its due, but there is no report to suggest that they used to congratulate one another on Fridays. And all goodness is in following them (may Allah be pleased with them).

Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on sending text messages every Friday and ending with the phrase “Jumu‘ah mubaarak”?

He replied:

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

End quote from Ajwabat As’ilah Majallat al-Da‘wah al-Islamiyyah.

A similar fatwa was issued by Shaykh Sulaymaan al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:

We do not think it is prescribed to exchange congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs, which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of worship and if it were good, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) would have done it before us. If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah preserve him)

http://www.salmajed.com/ar/node/2601

If a Muslim prays for his brother on Friday with the intention of softening his heart and making him happy, and seeking the time when supplications are answered, there is nothing wrong with that.

And Allah knows best

Reaction score
You can Be Mu'ādh!
Muādh bin Jabal (ra) said, "The Last thing I
heard the Prophet (sa) say was,
"'Muādh! Treat people well.'"
Our Turn!
On this blessed day, the day of Jumu'a. A
day that has more than 100 virtues, let us
look at our ourselves and find that one
character trait that we know is displeasing
to Allah. At this moment, this second, this