• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Movie Times. Best or Worst Movies!

Reaction score
^Heard so. "Zindagi na mille gi dobara" was entertaining though. One of the very few Bollywood movies I've seen. :)

Reaction score
never seen a movie worse than Bad Teacher :bad: (or maybe happily nver after ws even worse :p)

Reaction score
According to me the best movies are: Fast Five, The Forbidden Kingdom, Avatar, Con Air, Gladiator, Troy, The Expandable, 300, 2012, Thor, Transporter, Death Race and The Deathly Hallows. The worst movies are: Battlefield Earth, Howard The Duck, Maximum Overdrive, Valley Of The Dolls, Heavens Gate and Shanghai Surprise.

Reaction score
Desi Boyz is frikkin POINTLESS! It's not even funny =/

I'm DYING to watch MI4 Ghost Protocol :D

Reaction score
Nibz said:
"American Beauty" GOD! I DON'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP WON 5 OSCARS :x 5/10

You probably didn't understand the concept of the movie, then.
"I don't think that there's anything worse than being ordinary."-This quote was what the movie was based on. If you understand the motive, you'll definitely like the movie. Otherwise, the screenplay itself is not that much of a fun.

Btw, most of the oscar winning movies are plainly dry to watch. Million Dollar Baby, Crash and Hurt Locker are the perfect examples.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Only that one single quote doesn't make this movie worth-watching.
I don't exactly remember the scenes or the plot much. But seriously, the starting sucked. The ending, well, it sucked even more. The middle part was boring like hell.
To me, a great movie brings out the best in us and makes us think. Here the story is all about a wife killing her husband; a kid selling drugs to get some video tapes and stuff, and a girl who cries when some one calls her ordinary. That's it.

Reaction score
Nibz said:
To me, a great movie brings out the best in us and makes us think.

That's exactly what this movie does. Try to get into the skin of that emo daughter for whome her father is just a perverted asshole. Or into the skin of the man, who is telling a story of how he thinks, he is a loser. And you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyways, it's about our different likings.

Btw, I said that the quote represent the story of the movie. Not that the quote was the only good thing about it. -.-

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Whatever. It didn't deserve all those Oscars. And I'd never recommend it to anyone.

Reaction score
Neither would I. But the oscar was deserved. Do you know this movie edged out The Sixth Sense to win the oscar? :p

Reaction score
Has anyone seen "Lost in Translation"? The movie is akin to "American Beauty" in 'sucking' and being critically acclaimed. While the blurb seems promising, the movie drags on so excruciatingly, it puts classroom lectures to shame. :p I might prefer "American Beauty" over it.

Reaction score
A strongly suggested movie: Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. It consists of one of the few non-comic roles of Jim Carrey and has a totally different screenplay that's worth watching. It's not a very famous movie and hasn't grabbed alot of attention but it did grasp me in it's weird plot.