• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Movie Times. Best or Worst Movies!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Do you know this American Beauty edged out The Sixth Sense to win the oscar? :p
HAHA what a joke!

And Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! I did watch it. Remember that stupid scene where Jim Carry 'transforms' into a kid, sitting under a table (or was it Kate?) - stupid & funnier than all of his comic scenes, seriously.

'Eternal movie that frustrates our mind' =P Please, avoid it by all means!

Reaction score
Not a joke. It really did win the oscar over The sixth sense. :p

HAHA! Leave it. You should watch 3 Idiots and Tare Zameen Par. Good enough for you. ;)

I don't get how you say that you LIKE the movies that provoke thinking. You are seeking entertainment, my friend. Change your pursuit. :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it's not like The Sixth Sense was a masterpiece :p
Movies like The pursuit of Happyness, Braveheart, Gladiator, Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige, Seven Pounds waghera waghera can somehow 'provoke' thinking, not some 'Eternal Movie That Frustates Your Mind' :p
And yes, Taare Zameen Par was awesome 8)

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Well, it's not like The Sixth Sense was a masterpiece :p
Movies like The pursuit of Happyness, Braveheart, Gladiator, Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige, Seven Pounds waghera waghera can somehow 'provoke' thinking, not some 'Eternal Movie That Frustates Your Mind' :p
And yes, Taare Zameen Par was awesome 8)

Shukar hai!
And PLEASE, Sixth Sense was THE masterpiece. Anyways, I won't debate with you. I just searched through this thread to look at the movies you suggested and I think what I said in my last message was true. Stop thinking, and enjoy! :p

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You won't or you can't? =P
HAHA! Yes, very true. I enjoyed them.
Taare Zameen Par is way better than Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.

Reaction score
They are two totally different movies in different langauges for different audiences. Can't be compared.

Reaction score
I'd recommend "The Help". A very moving and enjoyable screenplay. Moreover, it fits the below defination. :wink:
Nibz said:
To me, a great movie brings out the best in us and makes us think.

Reaction score
A very slow, 3 hour biographical movie, yet you don't get bored through it. I believe the man whose life has been portrayed by this movie had the one of the most exhilirating and exciting life. I will recommend it to anyone who has enough time to watch this masterpiece by Martin Scorsese.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
abcde said:
I'd recommend "The Help". A very moving and enjoyable screenplay. Moreover, it fits the below defination. :wink:
Nibz said:
To me, a great movie brings out the best in us and makes us think.

One word - AWESOME!
Now this is the Oscar Winning thing.
Constantine - My favourite character (Got me without any dialogues)