• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Theoretical Physics!

Reaction score
You are the first person I have seen who has an intrest in particle physics.....which is pretty cool :) :).........well anyway...my parents have now finally decided that i must become a doctor so i thought that I would become an orthopedic surgeon....and later in life will switch fields.......
haha thank you :) and I have never known anyone who has even liked physics let alone particle physics, thats why i was taken back seeing this thread. To be honest, I dont know what orthopedic surgeons do :p lol now that you're doing what your parents want, you will be studying so much to become a doctor, years probably, you wont have the stamina left in you to change the field then :p
p.s parents decided? you didnt rebel? haha such a good son :)

Reaction score
haha thank you :) and I have never known anyone who has even liked physics let alone particle physics, thats why i was taken back seeing this thread. To be honest, I dont know what orthopedic surgeons do :p lol now that you're doing what your parents want, you will be studying so much to become a doctor, years probably, you wont have the stamina left in you to change the field then :p
p.s parents decided? you didnt rebel? haha such a good son :)

rebel? i havent been talking to them much...i sulk around all day....why didnt u tell me? wat should I do...No one can stop me from applying to an international university..
and an orthopeadic surgeon is a surgeon who deals with the bones of the body.... :)

Reaction score
rebel? i havent been talking to them much...i sulk around all day....why didnt u tell me? wat should I do...No one can stop me from applying to an international university..
and an orthopeadic surgeon is a surgeon who deals with the bones of the body.... :)
=O okay, thats a plain rebellion.I can sympathize, you want to do something, you're even good at it but then parents tell you cant or shouldn't do it. One feels like to break everything apart. Its just so unfair. And you're even good at maths,which most of us arent! Sure you can get out of this place but still you would be doing medical?
These medical names are so ajeeb :)

Reaction score
=O okay, thats a plain rebellion.I can sympathize, you want to do something, you're even good at it but then parents tell you cant or shouldn't do it. One feels like to break everything apart. Its just so unfair. And you're even good at maths,which most of us arent! Sure you can get out of this place but still you would be doing medical?
These medical names are so ajeeb :)

thanks for the advice and ya medical names are weird :(......
wierdest enzyme: enterokinase

Reaction score
I have an interest in Physics too.
Unraveling the mysteries of this universe, that's what a theoretical physicist does.
Plus, i have that sense in my mind, the one that physicist's have.

But people tell me there is no scope for this field.
Unless, we become the best THEORETICAL PHYSICIST, Make new Laws, get a nobel prize.. Do research work in a university! And that's not happening.
It makes me crushed to read these posts, mainly because they end the same way, stating that "there is no scope" one way or the other. I really appreciate your passions! It's awesome to get excited about a subject. If you guys easily motivated by certain subjects, consider yourself very lucky because most people don't have such amazing interests. :) You're blessed.
So now here's your role: Turn those passions into a reality. It would be very sad if you simply listen to what other people (classmates, relatives) tell you to do and let their opinions shape your lives. Hearing out everyone is your duty, but choosing what you consider best for yourselves is your responsibility to yourself. With all honesty, there's no such thing as "scope". Scope is something you make for yourself. If it means going abroad because you don't find a university here which teaches the subject with as much rigor as you'd like, by all means, do so. You're not bound by anything and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be on your way to becoming theoretical physicists. (You're from a country that produced a globally celebrated theoretical physicist decades ago, when there were so few opportunities than there are today!) It's very much possible but please start your application processes as early as you can.

All the best.

Reaction score
It makes me crushed to read these posts, mainly because they end the same way, stating that "there is no scope" one way or the other. I really appreciate your passions! It's awesome to get excited about a subject. If you guys easily motivated by certain subjects, consider yourself very lucky because most people don't have such amazing interests. :) You're blessed.
So now here's your role: Turn those passions into a reality. It would be very sad if you simply listen to what other people (classmates, relatives) tell you to do and let their opinions shape your lives. Hearing out everyone is your duty, but choosing what you consider best for yourselves is your responsibility to yourself. With all honesty, there's no such thing as "scope". Scope is something you make for yourself. If it means going abroad because you don't find a university here which teaches the subject with as much rigor as you'd like, by all means, do so. You're not bound by anything and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be on your way to becoming theoretical physicists. (You're from a country that produced a globally celebrated theoretical physicist decades ago, when there were so few opportunities than there are today!) It's very much possible but please start your application processes as early as you can.

All the best.

those words are like music to my ears..and yes our country did produce a renkowned thoeretical physicist...really amazing guy....child prodigy too :)..and thanks for the really really amazing advice

Reaction score
You're welcome. If have questions about anything else, let me know. I've been through your dilemma (and the US application process :p ).

Reaction score

All the best.
You give me hope! I just wish everything Im doing goes well...

Reaction score
It is not about being a physicists, it is about being THEORATICAL physicists.
I love to be THEORATICAL physicists and probably physics need young people like us.
But for that, u should keep one thing in mind, this Wont be carrier for earning but for interest. U will end up teaching in a university uf u are lucky enough. If do it from top universities and publish some papers u can hope to get gud job in CERN or fermi lab.
My plan is to learn maths and physics by myself doing my own freelancing. One day I will inshallah publish a revolutionary paper.

Reaction score
It is not about being a physicists, it is about being THEORATICAL physicists.
I love to be THEORATICAL physicists and probably physics need young people like us.
But for that, u should keep one thing in mind, this Wont be carrier for earning but for interest. U will end up teaching in a university uf u are lucky enough. If do it from top universities and publish some papers u can hope to get gud job in CERN or fermi lab.
My plan is to learn maths and physics by myself doing my own freelancing. One day I will inshallah publish a revolutionary paper.

:).....well due to the pressure of my parents I am forced to go into Medical Sciences.....But later on I'll switch fields...There will be no one to bother me then

Reaction score
:).....well due to the pressure of my parents I am forced to go into Medical Sciences.....But later on I'll switch fields...There will be no one to bother me then
Is it necessary to go to university? Now the world is moving towards Internet education.

Reaction score
Is it necessary to go to university? Now the world is moving towards Internet education.

I find the idea of attending a university highly fascinating...but no it isnt necessary...but still employers value a university degree much more than an Internet education degree.

Reaction score
I find the idea of attending a university highly fascinating...but no it isnt necessary...but still employers value a university degree much more than an Internet education degree.
If Einstein had no degree and would be alive today, will any organsatin will ask for degree?

Reaction score
If Einstein had no degree and would be alive today, will any organsatin will ask for degree?

Reaction score
Hmm...True but you and I aint Eisntein...His IQ was 165, mine is 135

Einstein was no genius as we think he was. he spent more than 2 years doing nothing but thinking same thing, that if every velocity is relative why isn't light's velocity is constant? it was his determination that made him what he is.