• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

This new system is driving me crazy

Reaction score
Guys I certainly don't understand this new system.........
Here are some questions after which i guess i might get a slight hint of this crazy system ;)
1. Will the previous B now be counted as A?
2. The standard of A will be lowered?
3. And what about the checking system....is it gonna be tough?
4. Will it be easy to get an A* like we used to get an A before?

plz answer ---------- ;)

Reaction score
1- No
2-Not at all
3-Nope. Same as before.
4-If you work hard as you used to before. Theoretically, a littler more effort.

I suggest don't think about this all. Just set your aim and continue working as you used to before. And when you get A*'s at the end (InshAllah). Then who care's about how the grade was given. After all sky is the limit.

Reaction score
kamrankhan1892 said:
Guys I certainly don't understand this new system.........
Here are some questions after which i guess i might get a slight hint of this crazy system ;)
1. Will the previous B now be counted as A?
2. The standard of A will be lowered?
3. And what about the checking system....is it gonna be tough?
4. Will it be easy to get an A* like we used to get an A before?

plz answer ---------- ;)

1. No
2. No ... not really, it's just that now good schools or universities might require one or two A* with your A grades!
3. No. Same. Although some speculate that the papers will get harder each session!
4. No not at all! It was never EASY to get an A, neither in O Level nor in A Level, it depends on your preparation.

Reaction score
well it was pretty easy to get an A in O-level................really it was fun doing my O-level...............I had 8 subjects and mashallah got A's in all of them..........Its just the new standard that i am worried about my A-level result ;)

Reaction score
Like I said it all depends on your preparation, efforts and lastly your destiny ;)

Reaction score
if u had As in olvl 95+ consider them A*s
n thts the level of prep u will require to get A* now

Reaction score
Sorry but I disagree, you have to work twice as hard if not thrice to get O Level equivalent grades in A Level!

Reaction score
The new grading system makes no difrence as the grade thresholds would remain quite similar and the dificulty level is same so ur efforts matter