• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help, I think I better start preparing FSc:unsure:
Do you know about the SSE, I mean do you think I should revise all of the A-levels or are just the SATs enough?
sorry if Im asking too many question Im really worried
anytime :)
SATs should be enough i guess. You do know A'levels, because you'd probably be appearing for the exams this june, no? That'd be enough.
its alright. i know it happens :p

Reaction score
Please i need help. I want to know about Ecat Preperation. M student of Dae so compitition is so high. Please tell me how i do??

Reaction score
Please i need help. I want to know about Ecat Preperation. M student of Dae so compitition is so high. Please tell me how i do??

Reaction score
can someone tell me if i can get exempted from iba test if i have given sat twice
and do they consider best if sat scores

Reaction score
i gave NET-2 day on the second, i didnt prepare because i was only giving this test to check how the paper pattern is, got 131/200 this time.

Reaction score
I am living abroad ,AND I am going to apply in Pakistan ,can anyone tell me about NUST ,FAST,LUMS .When are their admissions?Plus do I need to give the entry test>

Reaction score
I am living abroad ,AND I am going to apply in Pakistan ,can anyone tell me about NUST ,FAST,LUMS .When are their admissions?Plus do I need to give the entry test>
LUMS admission dates are gone.
not sure about FAST. They might be starting their process. Check the website.
for nust, its okay if you've given SAT. check out the links.
http://www.nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Under-Graduate/Pages/International-Students.aspx
http://www.nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Under-Graduate/Pages/International-Students-Actual.aspx

Reaction score
Okay, my grades in O level are 1 A 7Bs and in A level are 1 A 2 Bs. What are my chances of getting into NUST and how much marks should I hope to get in the NUST TEST. They are going to start admissions starting May 9 or so (can't remember). So I know nothing about the FSC material, but I did buy the books for the FSC stream.
I don't care if they give me Mechanical, or Civil, or Electrical, just accept me man!
Also, I realized I need computer studies for equivalence in pre-engineering. So I registered for that subject as well which I will be giving this May/June session. The result will only come on August, so the actual equivalence certificate can only be prepared until August. So what do you think, should I go ahead and try my luck?

Reaction score
Okay, my grades in O level are 1 A 7Bs and in A level are 1 A 2 Bs. What are my chances of getting into NUST and how much marks should I hope to get in the NUST TEST. They are going to start admissions starting May 9 or so (can't remember). So I know nothing about the FSC material, but I did buy the books for the FSC stream.
I don't care if they give me Mechanical, or Civil, or Electrical, just accept me man!
Also, I realized I need computer studies for equivalence in pre-engineering. So I registered for that subject as well which I will be giving this May/June session. The result will only come on August, so the actual equivalence certificate can only be prepared until August. So what do you think, should I go ahead and try my luck?
ok, so your o'level equivalence will be roughly about 76%, which will probably do, but you'll have to put some extra effort to get into the top majors.
If you score about 130, you'll most probably make it into fields like materials, environmental, geo-informatics, bs maths. you might just get into computer science. you'll have to aim for about 150 to get into electrical/ mechanical, given your o'level grades. somewhere in between should get you into civil/chemical/aerospace.
And no, you dont need computer studies for equivalence :S

and, youve just about a month, so go through the fsc concepts.

ps. these are just rough estimates, and might vary depending on the overall performance of applicants this time.

Reaction score
ok, so your o'level equivalence will be roughly about 76%, which will probably do, but you'll have to put some extra effort to get into the top majors.
If you score about 130, you'll most probably make it into fields like materials, environmental, geo-informatics, bs maths. you might just get into computer science. you'll have to aim for about 150 to get into electrical/ mechanical, given your o'level grades. somewhere in between should get you into civil/chemical/aerospace.
And no, you dont need computer studies for equivalence :S

and, youve just about a month, so go through the fsc concepts.

ps. these are just rough estimates, and might vary depending on the overall performance of applicants this time.

Not just about a month, more than just a month. The actual test would start from end of June onwards. I guess I should hit the books now. Tell you the truth, I applied last year and got 98/200. I hadn't taken the test seriously at all. :(

But your point about not taking computer studies is a odd. In order to qualify for the pre-engineering group, I read that you need computer studies. Otherwise they give humanities and arts [equivalency]. I hope NUST doesn't object to that. But I registered for computer studies in case they might object.

Reaction score
Not just about a month, more than just a month. The actual test would start from end of June onwards. I guess I should hit the books now. Tell you the truth, I applied last year and got 98/200. I hadn't taken the test seriously at all. :(

But your point about not taking computer studies is a odd. In order to qualify for the pre-engineering group, I read that you need computer studies. Otherwise they give humanities and arts [equivalency]. I hope NUST doesn't object to that. But I registered for computer studies in case they might object.
good for you.
yeah its not easy if you are form o'level/a'level background

i never had computer studies. anyways, its a good thing you have it. it might be helpful.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I needed some advice, I got admission in LUMS in SSE this year, but I'm a little confused. Most people say NUST is a better option for sciences , others say LUMS has a better science department. Can anyone tell me which university is better for BS Physics? I have to make a decision so that I can confirm my seat at LUMS or prepare for NUST's test.

Reaction score
I have 8 A's in O level equivalence =84.3%. I want to apply to Nust Mechanical, Chemical and Electrical Engineering. Please tell me the minimum score required for each of the above Engineering.
Gave NET-2, scored 111. By studying my brothers KIPS notes 2010, for mathematics only.
Also how do i prepare for it my CIE ends on 11 June and Last Net-3 date is 07- July. Leaving me less than a month to study.
1. Join KIPS...
2. Study by myself again.
3. Any better solution.
PLESE reply..

Reaction score
U will need to get 140 marks. If your alevel prep is excellent than u can easily get these marks without the need of any academy or tutions.

Reaction score
If a guy like me who studied maths and further maths is able to score 50/80, in test this means test contain questions not completely from any A level syllabus they are purely F.S.C. My friend joined KIPS and got 140+ score and he didn't studied further maths and any other subject just 3 subjects.

Reaction score
If a guy like me who studied maths and further maths is able to score 50/80, in test this means test contain questions not completely from any A level syllabus they are purely F.S.C. My friend joined KIPS and got 140+ score and he didn't studied further maths and any other subject just 3 subjects.
Soch lo bht mushkil Kam he alevels Walon k lye fsc study krna

Reaction score
I have 8 A's in O level equivalence =84.3%. I want to apply to Nust Mechanical, Chemical and Electrical Engineering. Please tell me the minimum score required for each of the above Engineering.
Gave NET-2, scored 111. By studying my brothers KIPS notes 2010, for mathematics only.
Also how do i prepare for it my CIE ends on 11 June and Last Net-3 date is 07- July. Leaving me less than a month to study.
1. Join KIPS...
2. Study by myself again.
3. Any better solution.
PLESE reply..
you'd need about 140 for mechanical/electrical.
you've got a less than a month in between. i'd say get some fsc books or engineering test preparation books and go through them. Gougar's ecat is pretty handy as in its brief (you dont have much time to go in the depths of fsc), and covers almost all the topics of fsc. those books have diagnostic tests/practice questions. try solving them.

Reaction score
purely fsc doesnt mean k 80 k 80 sawal alevel walon ko nai atay. there are some topics that are common in both. you can learn/revise other before the test