• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
hi friends. i gave my entry test's this year i.e. 2012 and i thought maybe my experience will help you guys getting into a good uni. i gave entry test of six uni's and the details are following
1- LUMS
got into lums in SHSSL but had to let go of this golden opportunity because i wasn't given financial aid:cry: . the admissions opened in late November 2011 and closed in mid January. the test was held in mid-February. the test was SAT-1 and SAT-2 type. in fact, i found test easy. SSE is quite hard to get in but test isnt that difficult.

2- NUST
got into for BS-maths (merit 908). but again had to let go of this offer because i hate maths and was more interested in doing engineering. got rejected for engineering by nust because my merit was in 7000's. merit till 2500 are easily accepted in engineering courses. admissions opened in early april and closed in mid-may, test was held in july. test was a bit hard because it was from fsc. fsc-maths is beyond my understanding:p,just joking, i never got time to prepare for entry test properly due to so many unexpected events.

3- GIKI
got rejected(n) as my merit was in 3000's. merit till 2000's can easily get into giki. test was normal, had lots of tricky questions of maths.( u have to prepare fsc-maths and english, physics questions were easy) admission opened in early may and closed in mid-june. test was held in early july.

4- FAST
admission opened in early june and closed in late june. test held in first week of july. the test was computer based. got into BS-CS in peshawar campus, had to turn down this offer too as i was more interested in staying in lahore. hostel life isnt easy:whistle:

5- International Islamic University Islamabad
admissions started in early june and closed in last week of june. test was easy (very very easy). got into for BS-SE. went there and studied for three weeks and realised that it wasnt a good uni and i had hard time adjusting to hostel life.:( i was quite disappointed with the uni's administration and facult, so i returned back to lahore.

6- UMT ( University of Management and Technology): dnt confuse it with UET ;) after my return frm ISL, i took umt's admission test which was again quite easy, got in for BS-SE. currently studying there. the faculty and the administration is quite talented and friendly. extremely happy here. "parhai hee parhai hai idhar":(

Reaction score
hi friends. i gave my entry test's this year i.e. 2012 and i thought maybe my experience will help you guys getting into a good uni. i gave entry test of six uni's and the details are following
1- LUMS
got into lums in SHSSL but had to let go of this golden opportunity because i wasn't given financial aid:cry: . the admissions opened in late November 2011 and closed in mid January. the test was held in mid-February. the test was SAT-1 and SAT-2 type. in fact, i found test easy. SSE is quite hard to get in but test isnt that difficult.

2- NUST
got into for BS-maths (merit 908). but again had to let go of this offer because i hate maths and was more interested in doing engineering. got rejected for engineering by nust because my merit was in 7000's. merit till 2500 are easily accepted in engineering courses. admissions opened in early april and closed in mid-may, test was held in july. test was a bit hard because it was from fsc. fsc-maths is beyond my understanding:p,just joking, i never got time to prepare for entry test properly due to so many unexpected events.

3- GIKI
got rejected(n) as my merit was in 3000's. merit till 2000's can easily get into giki. test was normal, had lots of tricky questions of maths.( u have to prepare fsc-maths and english, physics questions were easy) admission opened in early may and closed in mid-june. test was held in early july.

4- FAST
admission opened in early june and closed in late june. test held in first week of july. the test was computer based. got into BS-CS in peshawar campus, had to turn down this offer too as i was more interested in staying in lahore. hostel life isnt easy:whistle:

admissions started in early june and closed in last week of june. test was easy (very very easy). got into for BS-SE. went there and studied for three weeks and realised that it wasnt a good uni and i had hard time adjusting to hostel life.:( i was quite disappointed with the uni's administration and facult, so i returned back to lahore.

6- UMT ( University of Management and Technology): dnt confuse it with UET ;) after my return frm ISL, i took umt's admission test which was again quite easy, got in for BS-SE. currently studying there. the faculty and the administration is quite talented and friendly. extremely happy here. "parhai hee parhai hai idhar":(
i owe u ma'am :p
didint u apply for uet? and is the maths in entry test really different from A level's? do we really need to study fsc math?

Reaction score
ad
1- LUMS

2- NUST

3- GIKI

4- FAST

and if u hate math, why did u go for engg? why not medical? :confused:

Reaction score
For uet this year test was very easy. maths was easy too. Only physics had some questions that were not from alevel. You have to go through fsc books once for uet. And if you have equivalence of 950 or above , thn even if you get 250 or more marks in entry test thn your admission is confirmed. I got 271/400 and had 970 in alevel equivalence got 82.05 aggregate. i would have got into mechanical or electrical but i didnt apply because i want to be a doctor. I gave test on my dad`s insistence. ;)

Reaction score
if u have queries, feel free to ask me

how to prepare for SAT II ? did you give it? and exactly whats the importance of SAT II in certain universities ? do they have separate seats for the SAT students ? other than normal ones? or it just increase the chances of our admissions into the uni?

thank you

Reaction score
how to prepare for SAT II ? did you give it? and exactly whats the importance of SAT II in certain universities ? do they have separate seats for the SAT students ? other than normal ones? or it just increase the chances of our admissions into the uni?

thank you
well i did some research about it and if i didnt get it wrong, only NUST and NED( not sure about this one) have seperate seats. GIKI and LUMS only accept SAT from international applicants. u can still give them ur SAT score but u ll have to take their respective entry tests as well. Or u can apply as an international applicant, which will mean that u ll have to pay some extra fees. ALOT extra actually :p

Reaction score
well i did some research about it and if i didnt get it wrong, only NUST and NED( not sure about this one) have seperate seats. GIKI and LUMS only accept SAT from international applicants. u can still give them ur SAT score but u ll have to take their respective entry tests as well. Or u can apply as an international applicant, which will mean that u ll have to pay some extra fees. ALOT extra actually :p

So it means we should only give the SAT II test if we are planning for NUST ? otherwise no use? :( and one other thing is this correct : Olevels + A levels + entrance test = can help in admissions ? or need to add SAT score too ? :p ;) :)

Thank You

Reaction score
yes for all universities u DO apply by olevel + alevel + entry test. thing is, NUST gives u a choice to either apply on SAT basis or entry test (u can apply through both also). so basically SAT is an alternative way of application in universities (NUST and NED only in Pakistan).
if u, for example, apply to LUMS or GIKI, providing SAT score wont mean u dont have to appear for the entry test. but a good SAT score MIGHT give u an andvantage in getting admission.
you dont use O/A grades exactly.u have to get an equivalence certificate.

Reaction score
i owe u ma'am :p
didint u apply for uet? and is the maths in entry test really different from A level's? do we really need to study fsc math?
nope i didnt apply in uet :confused: and idk why.. yes u do need to study fsc maths, fsc maths is more detailed version of a'level maths but dont worry(also has some xtra topics). hardwork of 1-2 months is enough.

Reaction score
ad

and if u hate math, why did u go for engg? why not medical? :confused:
well i have to study maths for only two years in software engineering. well i am good in maths bt i dont like math as subject.plus didnt study biology in O or A level;)

Reaction score
For uet this year test was very easy. maths was easy too. Only physics had some questions that were not from alevel. You have to go through fsc books once for uet. And if you have equivalence of 950 or above , thn even if you get 250 or more marks in entry test thn your admission is confirmed. I got 271/400 and had 970 in alevel equivalence got 82.05 aggregate. i would have got into mechanical or electrical but i didnt apply because i want to be a doctor. I gave test on my dad`s insistence. ;)
amazing dude(y)!

Reaction score

thank you
well i just prepared SAT II for my LUMS test bt never gave the SAT test. and yes they have separate seats for SAT students in almost every good uni. well as far as i knw u can apply on both basis for admission i.e. give the entry test and apply on SAT scores ( i am nt sure abt this, call uni. and plz get into habit of calling uni, it really helps to eliminates the misconceptions we have abt admission process) . if u r resident of pakistan ur SAT scores will only help u if they are extraordinary :)

Reaction score
well i just prepared SAT II for my LUMS test bt never gave the SAT test. and yes they have separate seats for SAT students in almost every good uni. well as far as i knw u can apply on both basis for admission i.e. give the entry test and apply on SAT scores ( i am nt sure abt this, call uni. and plz get into habit of calling uni, it really helps to eliminates the misconceptions we have abt admission process) . if u r resident of pakistan ur SAT scores will only help u if they are extraordinary :)

extraordinary scores include? :p :)
and what is the disadvantage if we dont give SAT ?

Reaction score
extraordinary scores include? :p :)
and what is the disadvantage if we dont give SAT ?
full marks :D or more more than 2300 ( total are 2400 maybe) i dont see any disadvantage in giving SAT it will open more doors of opportunities. u can also apply abroad bt if u want to get admission in Pak ur focus should be more on Fsc- syllabus
for lums prepare SAT

Reaction score
ur focus should be more on Fsc- syllabus

sorry if am asking too many questions ... was just confused :p
so when is it best to start the FSc syllabus ? am in A2 right now .....
how to do it?

full marks :D or more more than 2300 ( total are 2400 maybe) i dont see any disadvantage in giving SAT it will open more doors of opportunities.

more opportunities in what way .. ? as you said that only NUST and NED consider the SAT II scores and have separate seats?

Reaction score
nope i didnt apply in uet :confused: and idk why.. yes u do need to study fsc maths, fsc maths is more detailed version of a'level maths but dont worry(also has some xtra topics). hardwork of 1-2 months is enough.
Obviously u did some reseaarch...which uni according to u is best in engg?

Reaction score
well i have to study maths for only two years in software engineering. well i am good in maths bt i dont like math as subject.plus didnt study biology in O or A level;)
Loks like ur not interested in any subject :p pretty much a similar case to me :p

Reaction score
sorry if am asking too many questions ... was just confused :p
so when is it best to start the FSc syllabus ? am in A2 right now .....
how to do it?

more opportunities in what way .. ? as you said that only NUST and NED consider the SAT II scores and have separate seats?
u can ask as many questions as u like :) i think u should start fsc syllabus asap, do in little bits everyday. divide it into 4-5 moths schedule. in the end, it willnt cause burden of any type. well i am nt sure abt NED and not 100% sure abt nust too, give them a call, i dont want to misguide u
if u give SAT u can also apply abroad. thats the biggest advantage of giving SAT
btw which university are you aiming at?