• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Threshold

Reaction score
bro, for bio and physics, [pp6 maarks + pr3 marks *1.25 + paper 1 marks * 1.5] to get ur marks out of 200
for chem, paper 6 is out of 60. convert that out of 40. then calculate ur mark like how u calculate for physics and bio, as i mentioned b4
All the scores are 200, but in the papers it adds up to 160. So, simply multiply 1.25 X 160 to get 200. I will ask my teacher today about this case, she may explain more about it to me.

Reaction score
well yeah , bt i think this year losing 30 marks is getting A* not 50 marks !!! Since the exam was extremely easy ( i mean for paper 61) while paper 31 it was hard so maybe the curve will be much less than the last year ! Any howw , physics always have low curve soo relax !!!

Reaction score
well yeah , bt i think this year losing 30 marks is getting A* not 50 marks !!! Since the exam was extremely easy ( i mean for paper 61) while paper 31 it was hard so maybe the curve will be much less than the last year ! Any howw , physics always have low curve soo relax !!!
wht abt chem?

Reaction score
The chemistry alsooo always has low curve soo me cool , in addition the papers were too easy except paper 1 little hard !!!!
thats my point paper 31 was easy, but i made a few stupid mistakes... so r the thresholds gonna be high as the pprs were easy this yr?

Reaction score
thats my point paper 31 was easy, but i made a few stupid mistakes... so r the thresholds gonna be high as the pprs were easy this yr?

ohhh gottia now , well umm i don't knoww butt chemistry's thresholds were never high !! Anyhow , lets hop that its gonna be low !!! and if it was high i think all of us did great sooo we could achieve high grades !!!

Reaction score
ohhh gottia now , well umm i don't knoww butt chemistry's thresholds were never high !! Anyhow , lets hop that its gonna be low !!! and if it was high i think all of us did great sooo we could achieve high grades !!!
chem and physics have alwys been below 150/200 as an A*... so even a slight increase wont affect our grades

Reaction score
guys if i get 54 in chem P6,35 in P1 n 70+ in P3............
so will i have a chance to score an A* :confused:

Reaction score
Guys, you are all COMPLETELY wrong.

That's not how you calculate the marks out of 200.

For maths, you add up the 2 marks from paper 2 and 4 to get your overall out of 200, BUT for the sciences, here's how it goes:

For paper 1, it counts for 30%, so you convert your mark out of 40, to out of 60, And for paper 6, it's for 20%, so it's out 40, that means in bio and physics you just add your mark, while for chemistry you have to convert it from 60 to 40, and paper 3 counts for 50%, so your mark out of 80, convert it to out of 100, and add up those marks :)

Hope this helps.

Reaction score

For maths, you add up the 2 marks from paper 2 and 4 to get your overall out of 200, BUT for the sciences, here's how it goes:

For paper 1, it counts for 30%, so you convert your mark out of 40, to out of 60, And for paper 6, it's for 20%, so it's out 40, that means in bio and physics you just add your mark, while for chemistry you have to convert it from 60 to 40, and paper 3 counts for 50%, so your mark out of 80, convert it to out of 100, and add up those marks :)

Hope this helps.
thats wht i said... instead of converting the whole hing, for phy and bio, its [ paper6 marks + paper 1*1.5 +paper 3* 1.25 ]
for chem conver the paper 6 marks form 60 to 40 and the use the thing as before..^
for math just add ur marks, to get the marks out of 200

Reaction score

Hope this helps.
How sure are you about this? Thanks by the way, I've been confused