• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Threshold

Reaction score
Is there a website for me to check out the grade boundaries in the past years?

Reaction score
Is there a website for me to check out the grade boundaries in the past years?
extremepapres, papers, cie, igcse, pic ur subject which u wanna find the threshold, so at the beginning of 2012, there is a file called 2012 gt..
thats the grade threshold page

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was checking the threshold for the past years and I noticed that an A* can be scored even if you lost 50 marks. I was checking the Physics threshold of May/June 2012 and noticed that the mark needed to score A* is 142/200, which really shocked me. Is it possible or my calculations are wrong? The total mark is 160, so if you multiply it by 1.25 you'll get 200. So I did that for my expectations and got somehow in the range that is possible. So, it means that no much variation will occur in the threshold this year since last year papers were similar to this year paper in difficulty wise too.

So, guys do you think that this threshold proofs that chances of A* are possible even when losing like 40 marks? Please comment.

This is how ot works: there is a specific total mark for all components in a given subject. All the papers are weighted differently as a percentage of that total mark. What you have to do is calculate the percentage the mark for a given paper is out of the total mark, calculate that percentage to a number out of 200 and then convert what you tihnik you got to a mark out of that number. Do that for each paper and you'll se what the thresholds mean. I don't know about physics, but for bio the p1 is 30%, p3 is 50% and p6 is 20&.

Reaction score
physics
p2-42
p3-30
p4-55
chemistry
p22-44
p33-30
p42-55
p52-20
math
p12-58
p32-60
p42-38
p62-30

Reaction score
I left 4-5 pages last year (Physics P31 M/J '12) completely BLANK . I was expecting E-G, or maybe a U, but I got an A. I hope this year will be the same threshold cuz I studied really hard this time and am expecting an A*

Reaction score
I left 4-5 pages last year (Physics P31 M/J '12) completely BLANK . I was expecting E-G, or maybe a U, but I got an A. I hope this year will be the same threshold cuz I studied really hard this time and am expecting an A*
seriously ???? 4, 5 pages blank? and still got an A?

Reaction score

u must b kidding:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leaving 4-5 pages will give u a C grade maximum esp in P3....................

Reaction score
80/100 in component 31. And not allthe pages were completely blank. A mark or two per page, max.

guy u said in ur last post that u left 4-5 pages COMPLETELY unsolved thats what bothered me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW happy to knw that u still got an A n hope u get A* now............ :)

Reaction score
guy u said in ur last post that u left 4-5 pages COMPLETELY unsolved thats what bothered me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW happy to knw that u still got an A n hope u get A* now............ :)
sorry for that misleading remark, and thanx a lot and i am wishing the same for u

Reaction score
I think that this doesn't make any sense , I'm sure they've got a way to calculate it other than what it seems , but take into account that last years exam was hard ( not my opinion but most of the people I know say that so the curve must have been low)

Reaction score
I think that this doesn't make any sense , I'm sure they've got a way to calculate it other than what it seems , but take into account that last years exam was hard ( not my opinion but most of the people I know say that so the curve must have been low)
Yea it was REALLY low, between 40-50