• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

tips for bio atp..? :P

Reaction score
get plants section dun well ... especially the labelled diagrams they re important ... otherwise mostly your over awl knowledge of the course will count ... thats it buddy :p good luck .. i hav the paper too :)

Reaction score
oh wow thats some great advice :p
Learn the test for starch
Learn transpiration and factors effecting it
learn all experiments in plant section
Learn about seeds germination and look at all labelled diagrams
Learn the senses chapter and the one about the eyes and what not
Learn some general safety tips which you can use anywere :D
Remember in drawing a larger diagram , dram the one shown as accurate as possible and should take up to 3/4th of the given space . Also during magnification , take reading from the largest/longest side of the two diagrams . (Image/object x Magnification if given)
And yes remember plants can die due to diesease and animals .

A personal tip , don't be afraid to write the obvious , like if they ask about difference between two insects , mentioning they both have heads can get you marks :O .

Reaction score
i have posted a WHOLE LOT of advice on the thread Biology ATP by xcheriesx .... check it out from there. it's too long. practically the whole syllabus. i can't write it again sorry ): but i gave u the reference so go check it out. believe me those are great tips. okay.

Reaction score
Oh yes test for viscosity of liquids is to measure time take by it for falling from a burrete.
Also learn about enzymes and the diagrams related to it .
Always remember for food test , first mash and grind it , or bring it in liquid form and do write '' repeat and take average '' were it can be written "
Learn names of 2 plants for the heck of it .

And Allah sa dua kuro ''Ya Allah , Imteehaan please asaaan ho''

Reaction score
i have posted a WHOLE LOT of advice on the thread Biology ATP by xcheriesx .... check it out from there. it's too long. practically the whole syllabus. i can't write it again sorry ): but i gave u the reference so go check it out. believe me those are great tips. okay.
link ??

Reaction score
You could have just copy pasted all the information . Why make me open a new window ;(

Reaction score
Nope done .
Hey are there more then 4 steps to prepare a slide?

I know that

1.You need to stain
2.the glass and rubber band
3.prevent any airbubbles from forming
4.name of stain : i use iodine

Do check if this is correct and if anything needed to be added or subtracted.

Reaction score
HEyy guys i had some really good help from my teacher today.
first of all the chapters that are most likely to come are nutrition and transport in plants, nutrition in animals, nutrition, ecology/ecosystem, germination, genetics, micro-organisms, coordination and response (with locomotion and all).
other than that what i reccomend is that u go through all the INVERSTIGATIONS in the book and answer the observation questions. if u can't take help from someone... i did. those investigations cover prety much all of it. also go through the investifgations from the mary jones book. it has them in a bit better detail. and leaves little to be asked.
magnification is important. take care of when to include the multiplication factor and REMEMBER THER FORMULA.
Labelling is important especially for bones (humerus, scapula, radius and ulna), mucles (biceps and triceps), reflex action, germination (seed labelling of embryo, mesocarp, pericarp, epicarp, cotyledon, radicle, plumule, testa), skin, look at the other diagrams if u find somethin important.

exam tips are that
- first of all do all questions except graphs. leave graph for the end bcuz it takes time.
- determine from which topic the question has come.
-in graph questions determine which value should come on x axis and which one on y axis. (the linearly changing or known value comes on x axis mostly time and and unknown or chenging not on regular intervals comes on y axis). label axis (time; distance; etc) and also give units on the axes (/hours; /metres; etc.) draw best fit curve/straight line (as appropriate).
-what can be done to make the experiment more reliable:-
* repeat experiment to take average for accurate results
* take measurement at equal time intervals
* take the same amount of sample for each experiment
* keep other environmental factors constant
- designing experiment -- > these experiments mostly come from book so its better to get an understanding of the working of the experiments in the book.
- when boiling water mostly it is for removing O2. for example in the experimnet to test for the presense of stomata the water is first heated so as to remove the dissolved O2 from water. thus the bubbles when seen are only from the gaseous excchange through stomata.
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2
- hydrogen bicarbonate indicator turns red in neutral; yellow in acidic and purple in alkaline solutions. so when CO2 is present in water the indicator turns yellow (carbonis acid)
- leaf is put in ethanol to remove chlorophyll (this makes the ethanol green and the leaf white)
- after heating with ethanol (in a water bath) a leaf is put in distilled water before testing to remove ethanol traces from it.