• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for Chemistry Practicals (P3)

Reaction score
hello, i am just new to this community:)
i have one question pls
what happens if for titration u don't get ur results the same as the teacher's or it is not within the range of the teacher's? Do u get the whole titration wrong or will there be any error carrried forward marks?
My cousin just took her exam and she is freaking out as she didn't get the same results as the teacher's

Reaction score
Max 3 marks are allocated for accuracy marks.
You may still get 1/2 marks if the result is <0.2cm3(about that) of teacher's result.
Error carried forward does apply. So , im always make titration last to do as i can simply fake the result.
Better to loss the 3 marks than 1 whole question.
Last resort though

Reaction score
I heard that the titration doesn't need to be carried out more than twice, do them correct and then write the other titres with 0.2 difference, for instance, if my rough titre is 23 and 1st titre is 23.5 then I can write 2nd as 23.8 and 3rd as 23.4 without even carrying it out.