• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for solving chemistry MCQs 9701/01

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

just wanna share a tip [an advice from my friend :D]...i found it helpful..

start solving chem mcq paper from the last question and go back wards....
start from Q:40 and go backwards till Q:1

i used to run out of time when solving the paper, and i tried doing this and cudnt believe i was able to complete the paper in abt 40 minutes

--
leave the calculation questions and do them after finishing the rest...it'll save time..

--
for section B If you are 100% sure that 1 is wrong just mark the answer C
and if you are 100% sure that 2 is wrong , just mark the answer D
If in the end you have time , you can go through the other statements and check...but make sure before doing this, you're more than 100% sure ....[there are questions where it's rather obvious the statement is wrong.. ;)]
and also if 1 is correct, dont waste your time checking if 2 is correct or not...jump on to statement 3. If you're really sure it's wrong, then D would definitely be wrong, ans will be D
and if you're sure 3 is correct then 2 will definitely be correct, and ans will be A.

May be this'll seem a bit foolish, but trust me, it does get your answers right, and also saves your time. After finishing the paper, if you have enough time, you can check the other statements etc. ;)

It helped me, and might help you...inshaAllah..

Remember me in your prayers.

May Allah give us success in this world as well as the hereAfter Aameen..!

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

i used to run out of time when solving the paper, and i tried doing this and cudnt believe i was able to complete the paper in abt 40 minutes

--
leave the calculation questions and do them after finishing the rest...it'll save time..

--
If in the end you have time , you can go through the other statements and check...but make sure before doing this, you're more than 100% sure ....[there are questions where it's rather obvious the statement is wrong.. ;)]
and also if 1 is correct, dont waste your time checking if 2 is correct or not...jump on to statement 3. If you're really sure it's wrong, then D would definitely be wrong, ans will be D
and if you're sure 3 is correct then 2 will definitely be correct, and ans will be A.

May be this'll seem a bit foolish, but trust me, it does get your answers right, and also saves your time. After finishing the paper, if you have enough time, you can check the other statements etc. ;)

please do explain i did not understand your mechanism !!!!
it sounds optimistic so can you excplain thank you!!

egy

Reaction score
i don't understand too

(n) i don't think it might work for all papers better practice solving past papers

Reaction score
what marks are u getting ???????????????? (n)(n)
well, my marks range from 34 - 38 :D sometimes 32 or 31 as well :D

i don't understand too

(n) i don't think it might work for all papers better practice solving past papers

I guess you people didn't read the post carefully :D

That technique is for Section B only ;)

where you can have only specific combinations!
Go through the post again, and let me know what exactly do u not understand..

Reaction score
what exactly didnt u understand?
read the post again..:)

i mean the paragraph :

this paragraph didn't understand!!

Reaction score
i mean the paragraph :

this paragraph didn't understand!!

for section B [Q: 31 -40]

there are 3 statements 1, 2 and 3. right

Statement:1 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is C

Statement:2 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is D

---

Now coming to if Statement:1 is correct, instead of checking for statement:2 , check for statement 3 first.
If you’re sure it’s correct, then your answer will be A.
And if you’re sure it’s wrong, then your answer is definitely D.

Note: If you aren’t sure whether a statement is wrong or correct or not, better go through all of them.

You’ll understand this, if you practice a few papers… ;) That’s how I got all this. Otherwise, I couldn’t manage to complete the paper on time :D
And this isn’t some special technique. It’s just based on how you use your logic :D

Look how A, B, C and D are classified.

A : 1, 2, 3 correct

B : 1 and 2 correct

C : 2 and 3 correct

D : 1 correct

Reaction score
for section B [Q: 31 -40]

there are 3 statements 1, 2 and 3. right

Statement:1 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is C

Statement:2 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is D

---

Now coming to if Statement:1 is correct, instead of checking for statement:2 , check for statement 3 first.
If you’re sure it’s correct, then your answer will be A.
And if you’re sure it’s wrong, then your answer is definitely D.

Note: If you aren’t sure whether a statement is wrong or correct or not, better go through all of them.

You’ll understand this, if you practice a few papers… ;) That’s how I got all this. Otherwise, I couldn’t manage to complete the paper on time :D
And this isn’t some special technique. It’s just based on how you use your logic :D

Look how A, B, C and D are classified.

A : 1, 2, 3 correct

B : 1 and 2 correct

C : 2 and 3 correct

D : 1 correct

Thnks i will try
hope it works if it will help me gain 10 marksss :)

Reaction score
The other method is to start your paper from question 10 or 11 on wards as it takes your mind off the moles and you only have to attempt organic and inorganic and once you'll come back, you'll have alot of time for the remaining first 10 mcqs.

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

It is helpful, if people know what they actually have to do in section B of MCQ's...Thanks a lot!!

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

do u mean "B" wont be in our answers from 31-40 ???

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

Thank you for the tips, this will be helpful a few days before my exam! May Allah help you and be with you in your life!