• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

twilight vs harry potter

Reaction score
arlery said:
I do and I've read all the books too, that is until Harper Collins decided to fire her from her own series because she wanted to end the series with Damon and Elena together.

Whaaaaaat? Really? I just read the first and second, and maan didnt I hate Damon, then started watching the series and totally changed my views.
Couldn't get my hands onto the other books. :(

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately that's true. I was so enraged, I quit reading the series. I read them all as ebooks.

Reaction score
No prob. But there's a prob, sometimes it's hard to search for a book so if that happens, go to google and type 4shared beside the book name and the author name.

Reaction score
harry potter :D
i hate twilight for some reason though the books are cool but never better than HP :D

Reaction score
Most girls like twilight ( I DNT KNOW Y)
our school girls r mad abut it( I again DNT KNOW Y)
btw harry potter is pretty much better
waiting 4 next part hope it'd b better

Reaction score
SOBYRCI said:
well obviously most girls like twilight because of edward cullen and jacob black (BTW PATTINSON MAKES ME WANNA PUKE)
and Also because the story is smooth and the genre is more of romance.

Reaction score
SOBYRCI said:
Phir woh girlz hi pagal hain...!!
I mean i dnt find anything in twilight...the story's smooth...there's not much of a BLASTING track u know...and HP characters are more awsum..!
Twilight buks r gud anyway...but the movie's like..AHHH...!!

Reaction score
Twilight is pathetic seriously and it's nothing compared to Harry Potter!!!!
The vampires there look like sparkling fairies =P

Reaction score
I prefer Vampire Diaries , against Twilight.

Harry Potter's was good but it's history now.

Reaction score
multixamza01 said:

Stephaine almost spoiled the idea ov vampires wid all the sparkling and stuff...!! And to talk about vampire diaries, they rock..!!
And Excuse me for saying so... But never call Harry Potter a history..!! Get it..!! :evil:

Reaction score
hands down, HARRY POTTER...

and i used to be a crazy twilight fan once upon a time.. but even during the peak of twilight craze, i wud've picked harry potter over twilight without hesitation..

statistically hp far excelled twilight.. speaking in terms of the fanbase, hp has a much bigger fanbase AND range of readers.. morally speaking hp has great take-home messages.. characteristically speaking it has myriads of classic characters that have become household nicks.. chocolate frogs, butter beer, to name just a few. harry's one of the most popular name today :p

now, twilight is a pretty good book, i will give it that much... because, even though now there r like a gazillion books with stories like twilight, yet at the time twilight came upon, it was one of its kind.. and that is why it clicked with teen girls.. a hot vampire EDWARD CULLEN.. forbidden love.. a whole book that focuses on their romance.. it was pretty cute..

but hp is a PHENOMENA.. almost 4-5 years have gone by since the series ended, yet the impact is still there.. still its fans would jump up at the idea of explaining hp :p hp is categorized with books of dahl and c.s.lewis! i took a uni level course of english on children's literature, and alogn with classics of roald dahl, was harry potter.. ANDDD the prof intentionally kept it to be covered at the very end of the course, and that one lecture, i remember, was when the lec hall was PACKED.. otherwise less than half of the students used to attend lectures.. EPIC! =D

so yeah.. i don't even know why these twilight vs hp comparisons started.. if it were a LOTR vs HP, that wud've been a tough one.. a dahl vs rowling wud've been a tough debate.. but twilight vs hp ..? :S even a pride and prejudice vs hp wud've been classic comparison, becuz both r classics of their own kind..

but twilight is just a chicklit.. one that has, speaking from experience here, lost MANY fans over the course of the books themselves, and over the many years.. because compared to such a indepth book like hp, with mystery adventure fantasy, compared to that twilight sounds flat..

there r ppl who'd still choose twilight over hp, and i respect their opinion.. however, hp does seem to far outweigh twilight.. and i'm talking abt the books, not the movies.. the hp movies suck IMO.... but the books r a phenomena!

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
multixamza01 said:

Stephaine almost spoiled the idea ov vampires wid all the sparkling and stuff...!! And to talk about vampire diaries, they rock..!!
And Excuse me for saying so... But never call Harry Potter a history..!! Get it..!! :evil:
bingo!

harry potter.. A HISTORY? :|
ahahahahahahaah!

vampire diaries THE SHOW is better than twilight, yeah, but hp even today wud outweigh vampire diaries anytime! =)

becuz HP was, IS, and WILL BE, a phenomena! always!

even today u wud get thousands of supporters goign CRAZY after HP, if u were to make any hp related topic! and it will be so for years and years to come..

TWILIGHT is history... it's in the past.. and there r far more interesting books like vampire academy, along the same lines.. many twilight fans wud now pick some other vamp book over twilight.. but hp fans will ALWAYS pick hp as their fav.. ALWAYS.. =)

Reaction score
arlery said:
I know right? I even cried when dobby died. I bet I'll shed buckets of tears for Fred, Lupin and Tonks and even for poor Snape. ='(

fred's death ALMOST made me hate rowling! seriously.. i'd've tolerated lupin tonks (which as they were, were MAJOR!).. but FRED WEASLEY?????????????/ :evil: heck, even percy charlie or that other bro wud've been fine... BUT FREDDDD WEASLEY! he was, along with george, my FAV CHARACTER! how cud she separate the weasley twins?? HOW??

i have made my mind alter the ending, to keep fred alive.. becuz i just CAN'T accept his death.. nope.