• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very important question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
no i don't think they can fail u that is impossible. but u may get penailzed at the most which i do not expect no need to worry

I don't think they can penalize her for this! It is impossible. The only two options are:

1) Being ungraded: I HIGHLY doubt this since examiners don't ever correct a hard copy, so they can't even find out.

OR

2) Be marked perfectly normally: THIS IS MOST PROBABLE!

Reaction score
well if u fail to abide by the rules, u do get penailized. for example, if u write on the examiner section of the page (left side which says for examiners use), then u will get penalized for that question.
another example, if u write more than what the lines have provided, then again u are penalized.
the point is that it destroys the examiner's impresssion of the candidate.
getting distinction is not about the marks, but about how the candidate writes to the point in a concise manner, cuz examiners hate reading irrelevant stuff and they will penalize u for it by giving u lower marks
also examiners differ and how they mark depends on their nature (lenient, strict, .etc) which differs from examiner to examiner.
so all she can do is pray and ask Allah to help her in this matter

Reaction score
well if u fail to abide by the rules, u do get penailized. for example, if u write on the examiner section of the page (left side which says for examiners use), then u will get penalized for that question.
another example, if u write more than what the lines have provided, then again u are penalized.
the point is that it destroys the examiner's impresssion of the candidate.
getting distinction is not about the marks, but about how the candidate writes to the point in a concise manner, cuz examiners hate reading irrelevant stuff and they will penalize u for it by giving u lower marks
also examiners differ and how they mark depends on their nature (lenient, strict, .etc) which differs from examiner to examiner.
so all she can do is pray and ask Allah to help her in this matter
In bio i had to write about half a line extra, and the invigilator said I can write the few extra words below, I'm getting penalized for this?

Reaction score
I don't think they can penalize her for this! It is impossible. The only two options are:

1) Being ungraded: I HIGHLY doubt this since examiners don't ever correct a hard copy, so they can't even find out.

OR

2) Be marked perfectly normally: THIS IS MOST PROBABLE!
Sooo there's still a chance for my paper to be ungraded? :(

Reaction score
Don't do it bro, i used it last year for my english language and my entire paper was a mess (i'm left handed so it smudged) and i got a C in eng.

Reaction score
Friend, I used those erasable pens during my last year's igcse extended math exams on both papers, I scored an A*. And until now, I am doing all my igcses using the same pen.

SO DON'T WORRY! :)

Reaction score
Listen to this loser, and EmpZC thanks bro, what pen are you using? I'm using FriXion
well my friends sayings were different.
and till when empZC would be giving igcse's? his whole life i guess.
he's lying bro.

Reaction score
Friend, I used those erasable pens during my last year's igcse extended math exams on both papers, I scored an A*. And until now, I am doing all my igcses using the same pen.

SO DON'T WORRY! :)
until now? how many igcse's are u giving?
and u gave maths in your first year?

Reaction score
Uzair, leave the person alone, you've made your point, so don't get all defensive! OK?

Besides it is NONE of your business over how long people do their exams!

PS: You have NO RIGHT of accusing anyone of being a "liar"

:)

Reaction score
Sooo there's still a chance for my paper to be ungraded? :(
LOOK JUST FORGET IT NOW! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO DARLING!

We can just hope for the best, many people said that it's ok, so if I were you, I would assume it wouldn't be ungraded!

If it makes you feel better, I will ask my school's exam coordinator who has been dealing with exam boards for almost 12 years now. I will tell you what he says!

Reaction score
LOOK JUST FORGET IT NOW! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO DARLING!

We can just hope for the best, many people said that it's ok, so if I were you, I would assume it wouldn't be ungraded!

If it makes you feel better, I will ask my school's exam coordinator who has been dealing with exam boards for almost 12 years now. I will tell you what he says!
i have to get defensive, otherwise ill be proved wrong.
by the way mind your own bizz.

Reaction score
I bet uzair has no friends in life, I mean look at his display picture. He comes here and try to act tough. This is internet, what can you do? Caps lock all of us to death?

on a serious note, I don't know if it's allowed or not but I've always used ball point pen. It's better if you stop using them because no one is actually 100% sure whether it's allowed or not.

Reaction score
In bio i had to write about half a line extra, and the invigilator said I can write the few extra words below, I'm getting penalized for this?
i dont think so! i did this in my physics and business! but just a few! :p

Reaction score
I don't think you will get a U. My brother did igcse Chem and spanish with pencil last 2 years accidentally for the last 2 questions because he was unsure about the answers and he din have time to change it back. His results came out and it was fine, he got an A btw. I'm not sure about now tho. Just some personal source.

Status
Not open for further replies.