• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Want bio p31 answers ? (ask here)

Reaction score
Adahshan said:
Xishtar, A* since i haven't found a mistake for myself yet except in first question, they claim it's respiration and i wrote activate uptake, my first 2 marks gone

It is both active uptake and respiration, as respiration releases the energy needed for active transport to occur. I'm pretty hopeful that that's correct actually :/

Reaction score
Wait you have a point alexxx but the concentration inside the small intestine and outside is same, so there is no concentration gradient :/ Think of it.

That's why i was so pissed i wrote active uptake, I was just stressed off time.

Reaction score
alexxx04 said:
Adahshan said:
Xishtar, A* since i haven't found a mistake for myself yet except in first question, they claim it's respiration and i wrote activate uptake, my first 2 marks gone

It is both active uptake and respiration, as respiration releases the energy needed for active transport to occur. I'm pretty hopeful that that's correct actually :/

Yeah, I agree, I just wrote respiration myself, so we may get 1 mark, or even the full too, they can be leniant..

Adahshan said:

Yeah, I'm aiming for an A* too, unfortunately, I have found a mistake with my table work (2 marks), and also with my uses or proteins (2 marks) other than that, my answers have been said to have been good, so I'm hopeful.. I just want to do awesome on paper 1 now, to make up for paper 6..

I wish you the best of luck in Paper 1 :)

Reaction score
But xishtar, active uptake is wrong, I wrote it too but it's wrong.

There was no diff in conc. gradient?

Reaction score
rockincrew said:
Adahshan said:
N o, Absorbs more water is small intestines

Secrete more water is gastric juice aka inner walls of the stomach...
have u seen the table in that question
it gives answer

no they asked for which digestive juice that gives water to the small intestine, so its gastric juice
and for the following question its saliva not colon.

Reaction score
Jhose, It asked which part in the digestive system. We already confirmed it...

It's small intestines and stomach.

R

rockincrew

Adahshan said:

nooooo it is colon large intestine
plz tell me one reason to prove ur right and make me understand :(

Reaction score
rockincrew said:
Adahshan said:

I put colon.. It's wrong. If you check the table, the small intestine had the most water leaving the alimentary canal, and from knowledge it is the small intestine too, as it absorbs more water..

Don't get into an argument again, if you still believe you are right, then you are entitled to, but I put large intestine, and I know it was wrong..
If only I read the table better, stupid time limit :S

Reaction score
rockincrew said:
Adahshan said:

they clearly asked which digestive juice secreted water to the small intestine. So how is your answer is stomach
for the following one the question stated which organ did the small intestine lose water. So how is your answer is small intestine

Reaction score
xIshtar said:
rockincrew said:
Adahshan said:

I put colon.. It's wrong. If you check the table, the small intestine had the most water leaving the alimentary canal, and from knowledge it is the small intestine too, as it absorbs more water..

Don't get into an argument again, if you still believe you are right, then you are entitled to, but I put large intestine, and I know it was wrong..
If only I read the table better, stupid time limit :S

its not colon