• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*** was that(physics paper 3)

Reaction score
Didn't have time to do ittt :((
How many mark do you think you'll get??
I was expecting to do much better!
For the last question did you write for A: resistor and for B: LED
and for the third A should be replaced by a thermistor and b by a resistorrrr???

i think dats wat i got.

you add the resistance that awas in parralel
and then use V = IR
so v = 6
and I is equal to the current in you find in B + 0.8
and R is equal to the current in parralel X the Resistor we need to find
i got 1.8 Ohms

Reaction score
For this i wrote the base of Y is wider? think its correct?? :S
the Pistons i wrote that it need mor force because more area and pressure is constant so the force increase
the reason it moved less i wrote it had much more area and that it required more force
the air bubbles in the oil will cause the oil to become compressable hence reducing the efficency or function of the piston

Reaction score
woow! dats wat i wrote 4 da buuble question. n i totally made dat up! trust me!
hahah well i hope they are right :S i freaked out in the exam though it was hard
i got the energy in solar pannel 22500
and the power around 48 or smthn in 40's
the height i used GPE and i got it as 1.14 or 1.41 smthn forgot :p
the first question i choosed 1.8 because it was the most frequent reading the question under it was repeated easy :p the last question i wrote transistor and we need to put in A an resistor or variable resistor in B LDR ( light dependant resistor(
if we use it for temeprature we need to put the thermistor up because it decrease resistiance when hot so the share of voltage decrease hence increaseing volatge that is down and causing the lamp to light ( i didnt write this just an explaination ) and we replace the LDR with a resistor

Reaction score
and for the third A should be replaced by a thermistor and b by a resistorrrr???
ya but the thermistor must be up not down

Reaction score
the Pistons i wrote that it need mor force because more area and pressure is constant so the force increase
the reason it moved less i wrote it had much more area and that it required more force
the air bubbles in the oil will cause the oil to become compressable hence reducing the efficency or function of the piston

I wrote the first two the same but for the third one, I wrote because the air bubbles will compress therefore all the force will not be reached so the force will not be as high as it should be as usual.....I hope its correct and I hope yr ppl answers are also correct :)

Reaction score
da final ans. dats wat i wrote.
da previous one, instead of LED, it shud b LDR

Reaction score
I wrote the first two the same but for the third one, I wrote because the air bubbles will compress therefore all the force will not be reached so the force will not be as high as it should be as usual.....I hope its correct and I hope yr ppl answers are also correct :)
ya its the same dont worry its right :D

Reaction score
I wrote the same for the last *HIGHH FIIIVEEE* :D

Reaction score
ya but the thermistor must be up not down

wait no......its a resistor and a light sensor.....and then replace the light sensor with a temperature sensor(thermistor).....I put resistor and variable resistor instead of light sensor :( Im stupid :p

Reaction score
wait no......its a resistor and a light sensor.....and then replace the light sensor with a temperature sensor(thermistor).....I put resistor and variable resistor instead of light sensor :( Im stupid :p
ya ohh :S its ok 2 -3 marks max

Reaction score
hahah well i hope they are right :S i freaked out in the exam though it was hard
i got the energy in solar pannel 22500
and the power around 48 or smthn in 40's
the height i used GPE and i got it as 1.14 or 1.41 smthn forgot :p
the first question i choosed 1.8 because it was the most frequent reading the question under it was repeated easy :p the last question i wrote transistor and we need to put in A an resistor or variable resistor in B LDR ( light dependant resistor(
if we use it for temeprature we need to put the thermistor up because it decrease resistiance when hot so the share of voltage decrease hence increaseing volatge that is down and causing the lamp to light ( i didnt write this just an explaination ) and we replace the LDR with a resistor
and for the effiancy i multiplied 65 % by the answer :p

Reaction score
I checked like tonnes of previous Grade thresholds and its usually between 40-49 and higher is an A....so get more than 49 and yr safe....I think....but this year the paper was harder so it might be even lower XD :D
For paper 1 its like around 29-35 out of 40 for an A which is sorta like wow! I got an exact 35...so I got an A on multiple choice :)

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure how we get an A*? is it like by getting A's in all the 3 parts?

Reaction score
I checked like tonnes of previous Grade thresholds and its usually between 40-49 and higher is an A....so get more than 49 and yr safe....I think....but this year the paper was harder so it might be even lower XD :D
For paper 1 its like around 29-35 out of 40 for an A which is sorta like wow! I got an exact 35...so I got an A on multiple choice :)
oh, masha allah! congrats!

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure how we get an A*? is it like by getting A's in all the 3 parts?
no getting medium A's so around 33 or more paper 1 65 and more in paper 3 and paper 6 16 or more just to be on the safe side can be lower though

a71

Reaction score
wat was the maximum height of the jet?? was that 4.79m?? anyone got this ans??